Guess Final Sales Price: 1818 Capped Bust Half Dollar

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Endeavor, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Evan8

Evan8 A Little Off Center

I wonder if not having the variety on the lable will hurt it?

$845

Endeavor likes this.
  4. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

No, because the sort of people that care about varieties like that don't care what the label says. The sort of people that will pay a premium for a variety are the same sort who have already verified it against their worn-out copy of Overton to make sure that it is what he says.

And they're the sort who have David Kahn on their watchlist, to see every choice Bustie come up for sale as soon as he lists it.

Endeavor and Evan8 like this.
  5. Evan8

Evan8 A Little Off Center

I kind of assumed that but I know how picky people can be. I guess if they want it on the lable they can send it back to PCGS. I guess personally I would want it on the lable. Makes everything neater for me I guess.

Endeavor likes this.
  6. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Endeavor likes this.
  7. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Half the people who buy that would have it cracked out before the evening was over. They don't care about the label at all.

Endeavor and Evan8 like this.
  8. okbustchaser

okbustchaser I may be old but I still appreciate a pretty bust Supporter

550.00 A premium over most die marriages but not as much as most R-5s. Most Overton collectors don't collect by die state--only by marriage. Thus, the R-5 rating for the die state is hurt by the fact that the overall rating for the marriage is only R-1.

Endeavor, Omegaraptor and C-B-D like this.
  9. ddoomm1

ddoomm1 keep on running

$433.25

Endeavor likes this.
  10. Omegaraptor

Omegaraptor Gobrecht/Longacre Enthusiast

Bustchaser stated that many variety collectors do not collect by die state, which is correct. The ones that do don't go absolutely wild over them unless they are very dramatic.

In addition, the coin does not have very good eye appeal IMO - it lacks original surfaces and looks lifeless.

My guess is $455.

mark_h and Endeavor like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted