Guess and win

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Amos 811, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

I fill 5 gallon buckets with my pre82 cents. I recently did a ton of online research to how many 'pennies' can fit into a bucket and was not thrilled with the results. So i did 3 buckets here, all counted. KIMG0083 (5).JPG
    So, I not only want you to guess how many are in each bucket (they are all the same amount), but I want you to take the 3 bucket total, and figure out how much in 'scrap' all 3 are worth, and post. Your post should be a dollar figure for all 3 buckets full over the face value. In other words, just the profit, if i had a buyer today at spot for all metals...what would be the profit of these 3 5 gallon buckets (minus the face value of the coins themselves).
    Now to the good part. Winner gets a 2000 WAM. Contest is todays ending spot for the metals, and entrys will be accepted up until 11:59 2/28/16 EST. Have fun KIMG0090 (1).JPG KIMG0089 (1).JPG

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    Abramthegreat likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

$316 profit is my guess.

Markus1959 likes this.
  4. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

It's not worth anything for scrap as, by law, you cannot melt them down - ;)

5. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

i said scrap value, not scraping them. A bullion investment, there...feel better?

paddyman98 and Markus1959 like this.
  6. Markus1959

Yes, much - thank you!!!!!!

Amos 811 likes this.
  7. Markus1959

After some "Hillbilly counting"
    [​IMG]

45,666 pcs per bucket - 136,998 pcs total
    180.71$ profit per bucket - 542.13$ total profit

8. BATTERup646

BATTERup646 Active Member

Well, if it's five gallons, i have to find the volume of the bucket. I used my notepad, and multiplied my original answer by three;
    Somewhere around $1,000

Then again, i suck at math.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  9. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

The only profit will be to the OP. Any sucker who pays a premium for them will ultimately lose if he/she were to wait until it is legal to melt them and then try to resell them to a refiner.

Chris

Insider, rzage and furryfrog02 like this.
  10. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Zero.... and for the very reason that has been explained here many, many times.

And that's it... this is the only way anyone is going to make any money on this, ahem "bullion". I'm sorry, but the "if I had a buyer at spot...." and as a "bullion investment" realistically translates to "if I had someone I can take advantage of and/or doesn't know what they're doing". No disrespect to the OP intended, but this is the reality of the situation, and considering this is an educational/discussion forum, only fair to say as much.

mikenoodle and rzage like this.
  11. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

I have had buyers of all metals at spot for over a decade. $, time and space, i hope i have those 3 some day.....

12. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Active Member

Total current spot profit $ 360.57

13. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Tell me... what is "spot" for copper in this alloy form (and please don't quote grade A)?

14. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

A or #1 is pure copper, cents are 95% and considered red brass that brings in as much as a number 2. If and when they allow melting, to remove the zinc from off the top is easier then many think.

15. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

I thought red brass was something like 85% or less of copper and zinc with no tin , so I doubt they'd sell as red brass . Plus like the others said you can't legally melt them , though I'm sure someone has if it was profitable .

16. brandon spiegel

brandon spiegel Brandon Spiegel

I would gess 35321 pennies at $50,205 dollars

17. brandon spiegel

brandon spiegel Brandon Spiegel

Sorry, correction 35321 pennies at $503

18. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

I'll say $250 Bob! I mean Drew Carey!

19. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

20. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

All I know, is my people hoard them like i do, but they buy off ebay and locally also.

21. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

Draft saved Draft deleted