GTG "V"

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Markus1959, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

GTG NO CENTS nickle. Graded NGC in old holder - maybe under graded?? Or else I'm just hopeful!!!

000_5681.jpg
    000_5680.jpg

gronnh20, tommyc03 and swamp yankee like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

MS 63 from your image I can't tell but look at the one for a repunched date. This date has several .

Markus1959 likes this.
  4. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

Since u say undergraded ill go 62... would of said 63-64

Oh and btw marcus its really soothing to see im not THE ONLY one on here that doesnt have a professional camera/lights/skills to take better images... I appreciate it... idk about you but id rather buy coins than photo equipment heck ive ate ramen noodles for a week to finance a certain coin.. maybe my wifes right,I DO have a sickness/addiction

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  5. Markus1959

Great info - do you have a website with pics so I can see examples to compare it to?

6. Markus1959

Well, I also said "I was hopeful" - Mornings when I wake up from a dream I'm "hopeful" that it's reality, BUT I'm always bummed out when I still have a big fat stomach and my wife doesn't have long skinny legs!!!:p:p

7. Paddy54

For years I used a under 100.00 point and shoot Nikon camera,on the close up setting . It took great shots ! However the battery door clasp broke. Now I'm forced to use My dino scope that does ok but since it's like 12 plus years old it does not image the true color of the coin.
    My Nikon DSR has 55 mm and 100 mm lens not good for close ups. Unless I tape the coin to a wall and shoot it from 40 feet. LoL.
    Buy a cheap point and shoot they work well on coins.

8. Paddy54

Do you have a cherry pickers guide?

9. Paddy54

Look at the one does the 1's flag look doubled? Is there a die crack that runs through the date?
    Second variety there's a line coming out of the bottom left loop of the first 8? Also look at the 3. Lower loop inside.
    Are the pick up points. Again I can't tell from your images on the pad here.

10. Markus1959

Well my camera takes good enough pics of raw coins but for some reason takes crappy pics when they are slabbed!! Of course there is no way I can take anything close to those microscope cameras!!

11. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

It might be worth your effort to replace the broken door on the camera, here's how I did it. I wrote directly to the CEO of the camera company and schmoozed him for about two paragraphs extolling the greatness of my camera. He replied directly and forwarded my letter to his subordinate and a week later I received a brand new door, no charge with thanks for purchasing their products, my nice comments and an apology. I did the same with some research on an old brass barrel bung I found. Wrote to the owner of the company and received a wonderful letter with a history of the company and an invitation to tour their facilities in Pa. All it takes is a few minutes and some kind words.

rzage and Paddy54 like this.
  12. Markus1959

NO - I get most of my info over the internet but can't get info if you don't know what to look for? I mostly collect Morgans and every now and then will pick up a graded coin in a denomination I don't collect but just to have.

13. Paddy54

Markus I will post mine in a few going to eat dinner as the wife in up on my pc now. I have some shots of the date you can compare your's to mine.

14. Markus1959

OK - thanks!!

15. bsowa1029

bsowa1029 Franklin Half Addict

16. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

I think there are pics of it in breens book... i can post a pic 4 u after i eat dinner marcus... and now that i think about it if i wasnt half lit last night i probably coulda found that s/s in there last night... i didnt even think.to look.. no more looking at coins on tequila nights!!

Markus1959 likes this.
  17. Markus1959

too funny - cause vodka makes you a better coin dealer after awhile!! :smuggrin:

18. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

I'll go 63 , but it's a guess because of your pics , which BTW are better than mine .

19. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

Interesting comment as I take my pictures with a point and shoot camera on my home made stand with desk lamp for Office Depot. FWIW, there is (was) a member here who took his pictures (quite good ones) with an old point and shoot that only had a 1 meg sensor. I am not sure you can even buy a phone with a poorer camera today.

Oh, and 63+ for the coin.

rzage and Paddy54 like this.
  20. Paddy54

Markus Google liberty nickels varieties there's a site that has all the 1883 varieties with photos. I just found the site

21. Paddy54

Here you go Markus this is one of mine. notice the flag on the one. 1883 Liberty date repunch.jpg

rzage likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted