GtG -Toned Jefferson Nickel ($tunner) L@@k

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by heavycam.monstervam, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

I grade it 65 but my guess is PCGS has it at a 66. I don;t like the cloudy tone but it could be the photos

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

To each their own but I wouldn't give melt for it. I'm not seeing a 67 no less a" plus" + nickel! Maybe it's just the images but I see a 64 with carbon spots that over time will surely devalue this coin even more.
    Now the carbon spots may of surfaced after it was graded . I've have had it happen to a few of my nickels over the years.

4. Maxfli

Maxfli Well-Known Member

Exactly what i was thinking.

5. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Glad we are on the same page @Paddy54
    Good to see your back!

6. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

This is a great coin, but it is overgraded at 67+.
    I am higher than 64 though. 65+

7. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

Yes @Paddy54 glad to have ya back old chap That heat must have been a nut-buster out in Dubai with Ed Wood

8. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Oh it most certainly was.....but winging into Mo Bay Jamaica, and partying Mick ,and the band was very cool!
    Keith and Ed did have a few moments .... over of all things toliet paper...! Keith accused Ed of being to American because he was demanding two ply sheets..... Keith kept insisting one ply would suffice ,and using such would save a tree. Mick kept saying.....good day......later we were told he was actually saying bIdet
    By the sober translator..... Ed asked what that was I said it was like a wishing well....he said can you throw coin in it? I said certainly so he had one installed on the plane for the flight home.
    We touched down state side and when the ground crew serviced the jet the one who opened the valve on the honey bucket thought he had hit a jack pot!
    And the incident in Dubai with the camel...... you need to ask Ed about.....I ain't saying nothin.....! images.jpg

heavycam.monstervam and johnmatt like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted