GTG this 1882 o over s morgan dollar

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by shiny coins for life, May 3, 2015.

1. shiny coins for life

shiny coins for life Active Member

What is the grade and how much [​IMG]do [​IMG]you think it could sell for? Thanks.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

The image makes it look like most of the luster is gone. I would guess 63 cleaned.

4. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

I will go with the 63 or maybe even 64. My guess is that it has not been cleaned, but it is hard to tell from the pictures.

5. shiny coins for life

Wow! I would have guessed Au50!I need to practice more.

6. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Me, too. It could be just muted, those aren't going to really reflect as they otherwise would. The frost breaks on the chest would be gone if it had been harshly polished.

7. shiny coins for life

I was concerned about the marks on the cheek.

8. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

And I think I am seeing some frost on the head also.

eddiespin likes this.
  9. KoinJester

KoinJester Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that there is a weak and strong variety, where the weak brings little to no premium.

I'm in the 63 group but cleaned. Pictures are less the sufficient

10. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

I feel the same. I pretty sure the luster is there, it's just that the coin is being held at an angle that does not allow the luster to reflect directly at the camera. The light is at a very shallow angle to the coins surface. I can make out some indirect reflected light off of the surface of the coin towards the top. From that you can see some of the luster. Based on this and the details in the hair above her ear and the breast of the eagle, I'm guessing 63-64 tops. It may bump up with more revealing photo's.

11. shiny coins for life

I got it for 50 bucks'. Think I got a good deal according to the redbook price!

Draft saved Draft deleted