GTG: My 4 coin voucher submission grades just posted..

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by jtlee321, May 25, 2016.

1. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I really missed the last one.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

That's why God created the winky emoticon.

At any rate, they're all nice coins, so I'll say
    65FB. On the fence about FB on this one. It's really close.

Paul M. and Tater like this.
  4. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

True, but the winky emoticon on this site looks like a jerk saying, "Told ya so!"

Cascade likes this.
  5. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

A lot of you guys were very close..

Thankfully there were no details grades, but I do think I got reamed on the '45-S Merc. I thought it should have been 65 and FB based on it in hand.

1945-S Micro S MS64 no FB
    1886 Morgan MS65
    1898-O Morgan MS65
    1902-O Morgan MS64

6. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Yeah, I hesitate to use it because it looks like such a snide expression. :)

All the same, after the bludgeoning (in my opinion) Justin took from PCGS with his 1883-CC, and the good humor with which he took it, I'd have posted that reply if jester hadn't gotten there first. I suppose one cannot force someone to have a sense of humor.

I'm most interested in the die state of the 1886 rather than grade. Justin, does it show the clashed n's? VAM-6 "wraps back around" from 6B to 6 again when die wear removes the clashed n's, but your coin doesn't look too awfully deteriorated and cracked like the late-state V6 does. Just a point of curiosity, hoping to further my knowledge.

And yeah, you got beat on the Merc. :)

7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Yeah! Especially when there is no emoticon, J/K or LOL. Why should we accept his comment that the poor grades he received were the fault of PCGS and not his own? He still comes across like sour grapes.

Should I end my comment with an emoticon? Do we have one for being honest?

Chris

8. jester3681

jester3681 Exonumia Enthusiast

I'm usually one to let a sleeping dog lie, but if you look at the original post I made which you have taken stuck exception to, there is in fact an emoticon at the end. [emoji6] <==== This one.

9. cpm9ball

So, your first comment (above) was just BS. Right?

Chris

10. jester3681

jester3681 Exonumia Enthusiast

I'm not sure I'd say it was BS? It was intended to be a joke. Hence the absurd grades suggested, followed by a wink emoticon. The humor in this is that many of us have had lousy luck with PCGS (which is located in Newport Beach, California - for some reason I feel like I need to clarify that's where that comment came from). I tried to make the grades as absurd as possible (example: struck from cracked dies). I hate to keep beating this dead horse, but I'm beginning to wonder if the original post was even read before the grumbling started...

11. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

12. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Stealing this pic now.

TypeCoin971793 likes this.
  13. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

This is not the horse you're looking for...

14. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

I think it's the opposite. On my last voucher submission they detailed 7/8 and the one was such a no brain straight grade original they couldn't help not grade it straight. 4 of the 7 have graded straight at either pcgs or ngc now and the other 3 I haven't retried again

15. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

I was too late, but these would have been my grades, too, sans FB.

16. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

I find lately pcgs when they don't details stuff has been super conservative lately. Many coins are a grade even 2 below where I expected them. And I'm pretty good at grading coins especially seated and bust stuff as I specialize in. The 1825 and 38 bust halves I last sent I feel I got robbed on au-50 and xf 45. I felt they should've been 55 and 50/53. And I had a 76-cc seated dime a
    Go 50 that to me was 55-58 these are a couple examples. Not to mention the 1797 large cent they called counterfeit ngc called it vf-25

Paul M. likes this.
  17. cpm9ball

Regardless, your BS/joke was in poor taste while @jtlee321 was proudly trying to show off his latest submission.

Yeah, I like to beat a dead horse when it keeps farting.

Chris

18. redcent230

redcent230 Well-Known Member

65FB
    1902 eagle strike reverse weak

Santinidollar likes this.
  19. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Are Han & Luke inside :)

Draft saved Draft deleted