GTG Lincoln Cents....kinda?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by *coins, Sep 14, 2018.

1. *coins

*coins Well-Known Member

I picked up some Lincoln cents a few years and they have been sitting every since. I got a good deal for a bunch of folders for $75 and it had almost all coins from 1909-2007 (and separate proofs) and many keys (no S-VDB, 22 NO D, OR 31-S).

Anyways, I was looking through it the other day. When I received it, I labeled the 'nice' coins with numeric grades. I think some are off now that I look at them now and would like your opinions. So, this is kinda a GTG, but not quite...
    Pics below. These are in nice grades, but all except the 1913 are cleaned. If you want close up or extra pics of a certain coin, let me know. Thanks for your opinions!

This is a 1909-VDB cent and it is cleaned. I had it labeled as AU-55.
    DSC_7695.JPG DSC_7697.JPG

Next is a 1909 cent. The story with this one is really weird. I swear it had beautiful blue toning and other colors. I popped it out of the folder and made the mistake of not using gloves to handle it. Yes, I know you should always handle coins on the edges. I do not usually do that when putting coins in folders or taking them out. I will use gloves from now on!
    The beautiful toning disappeared immediately and underneath was cleaning and now there is a giant fingerprint that will not come off! Frustrating. It's still a nice coin. I had it labeled as XF-50.
    DSC_7698.JPG DSC_7699.JPG

Next is a 1913 cent. This one caught my eye because it is such a nice example of a teen cent from Philly. I had it labeled as AU-55, but I don't think it is that nice looking at it now.
    DSC_7700.JPG DSC_7701.JPG DSC_7702.JPG
    And lastly is a 1931-D cent that is cleaned as well. It's a nice coin too. I had it labeled as MS-60 and think that was definitely too high.
    (Sorry, the first photo isn't super clear.) DSC_7704.JPG DSC_7705.JPG

Thanks again!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer Numismatic Enthusiast

4. Robert91791

Robert91791 Supporter! Supporter

Nice good looking old coins.

Draft saved Draft deleted