GTG and VAM help

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Joe Campbell, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Joe Campbell

Joe Campbell Well-Known Member

I don't collect Morgans. I know very little about them. Unfortunately (or fortunately) i was at the LCS a month or two ago and saw one that I actually liked and couldn't resist so I took it home. ANACS is slabbing coins for $10 so I sent it to ANACS because I figure the slab makes it easier for me handle / view it. It's a reasonably flashy coin as one would expect with an '80-S and kind of hard to photograph.

Anyways, interested in thoughts on grade and VAM. Best I can tell so far is it's a medium 'S' and a doubled date, so maybe a VAM-4.

Thanks for looking.

IMG_4841.JPG IMG_4842.JPG IMG_4843.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

The images are out of focus but I'll guess 64PL.

4. furham

furham Good Ole Boy

5. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

Hard to tell from blurry pictures. 65PL wouldn't surprise me.

6. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

7. serdogthehound

serdogthehound Well-Known Member

8. Joe Campbell

Joe Campbell Well-Known Member

RESULTS: Came back MS-63, CAM - PL. I was surprised it didn't come in a little higher, I thought it was in the MS-64 PL range. The terrible pictures actually make it look a little better on here then it does in hand. Plus the reverse is cleaner then the obverse which isn't a good thing.

I paid $57 for it which was more than I probably should have but I just liked the look and don't really have any nice morgan's in my collection. I think it's worth about that and I'm happy with it. Of course I would have been happy with a '64 too.

Draft saved Draft deleted