GTG 81S Morgan Dollar

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Pickin and Grinin, Dec 28, 2017.

1. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

I agree, and i love how u can stash it in your pocket for a few days and show it off.

Look it my Preeesssscccciiiooooouuuussss

Pickin and Grinin and CircCam like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Enough of ya'll posted the right grade. And Thank You for all the kind comments. This one is quite reflective. In hand it is the most proof like that I have ever seen, in a strait slab. They should also show the VAM if you choose to look. IMG_0002_2.JPG IMG_0003_2.JPG

4. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

Was a little late but was at 64 pl

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  5. Pickin and Grinin

That is what I was willing to pay for it.

6. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

Me I’d cross it to pcgs and hope for a 65 pl

7. CircCam

CircCam Victory

Definitely looks PL in those slab shots. Quite the coin to pick up at grey sheet!

8. Pickin and Grinin

It fits well in my collection of soap box slabs.:) Gonna leave it there for a while. I enjoy old school holders.

Paddy54 likes this.
  9. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

I agree leaving it where it is ....there's no doupt it's a better specimen than on the holder.

10. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Great Coin. I just bought one in the same grade in a PCGS holder. Mine is not toned though. I'm jealous!

11. Pickin and Grinin

When I first started here on CT. I remember a few folks saying there's gold in them old slabs, I took it to heart, but through the years I have noticed that there are some ugly and over graded coins also.
    Something that has been slightly irritating is you rarely find Buffalo's in them, maybe you have been stashing all those away @Paddy54 :woot:

12. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

I wish...... don't over look pci slabs for nice buffalos

13. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

I would actually cross to NGC, as I feel that the coin could go either of two ways--it could cross as MS 65 PL, or MS 65* It is a really attractive coin, and that would offer both options.

14. Pickin and Grinin

Glad to see you are still here, I have been stashing away old slabs for a few years now. I would like to put together small type sets and variety sets in old school holders, (3 kiddos) so that my collection can be split easily if something should happen to me. It has more value to me right now the way it is, I appreciate the heads up though.

Phil

15. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

I thought you were gone.

16. chascat

chascat Well-Known Member

17. David Setree Rare Coins

David Setree Rare Coins Well-Known Member

18. Pickin and Grinin

There has always been room at Moms house, getting to be pretty full around the holidays tho, 21 Grandkids and 1 Great Grandkid.
    You may want to reserve a seat. :)

19. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

I will post here occasionally, but intend to say out of controversies. My wife's heart issues are more important than stupid ego arguments, so I will keep it calm. She is fine, but it is a minor arrhythmia issue, that needs to be controlled. The more peaceful I am, the better she is.

Draft saved Draft deleted