GTG '34-S Walker... There will be a follow up question..

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by AdamL, Aug 8, 2022.

1. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

Yeah, if you look around at what people are asking for the 34-S in MS63, they want far more than any price guide I've seen. I considered myself lucky to find this one, as I wanted a mint state example but not to pay what people are wanting for 63's.
    I agree 100% that 61 is a weird grade, especially to get a green bean.

I plan to hold it for a decade or two, so I'm in no rush to send it off anywhere. But having it in a 63 or above holder would be good for my registry set and eventual resale value. I definitely own 1 or 2 MS64 Walkers that are more banged up up than this one, as far as contact marks. Based on that I think it maybe should have gotten the CAC gold sticker, but they may require more BOOM from the luster for that. I don't know, but 61... odd.

MIGuy likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

My initial opinion on the coin based on the TV's was AU-58. But since it's in a 61 holder with a green CAC sticker, what I perceived as wear must not be. I can see where you think it could upgrade to 63, but considering that it only got a green sticker indicates that it might only upgrade to 62. If JA thought it was a 63 or better he would have awarded a gold bean rather than a green. He probably thought it was a very high end 61 to a mid/low end 62. Contrary to what most people think, a gold sticker is only awarded to a coin that JA believes is about 1 an 9\10's of a grade under. Meaning a 63 graded coin with a gold CAC should be a 65 or a very high end 64. The green tells me that it's probably a 62 at best, which keeps us still in slider territory. I'm not sure it would be worth it to me to try and get the 62 out of it.

Anthony Mazza and AdamL like this.
  4. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Technically they're off their rocker. But grading for their market lets them do that. Technically this is a steal at MS61.

MIGuy and AdamL like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted