GTG: (2026)1907 Saint-Gaudens High Relief $20 Gold Coin

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by GoOoldmember, Oct 1, 2026 at 11:16 AM.

?

GTG

This poll will close on Oct 31, 2026 at 11:16 AM.
  1. 70

    1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. 69

    1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. 68

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 67

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GoOoldmember

    GoOoldmember Smoke and a pancake?

    This is my first submission to PCGS, so I'm a little nervous. Hopefully a somewhat quick turnaround because of the chosen "walkthrough" service.

    To my naked eye the coin looks perfect, but on the obverse at the 6 o'clock location, the wire rim "spillover" is missing. Not sure how that affects the grade, but I'm sure one of you can chime in on this.

    At the time of drop off on Sept. 30th, there were 216 - 70's, and 1 - 69. My gut tells me the 216 are all early release dealers getting the best of the best, and the lonely 69 is an average joe that was quicker to PCGS than me. Did I receive a dealer reject? Hope Im wrong, but come take this roller-coaster of a ride with me:nailbiting:

    More info about the coin;
    -Struck at the United States Mint facilities in West Point with a mintage of 15,000
    -The 1907 Saint-Gaudens High Relief $20 Gold Coin is the fifth and final release of the Best of the Mint semiquincentennial series.
    -99.99% gold
    -30.61mm in diameter

    -250th privy

    20260929_132814(1).jpg 20260929_132442(1).jpg 20260929_132859.jpg 20260930_111705.jpg Screenshot_20260930_192948_Chrome.jpg
     
  2. Avatar

    Guest User Guest



    to hide this ad.
  3. Anthony Mazza

    Anthony Mazza Well-Known Member

  4. Randy Abercrombie

    Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

    I only say 69 because I believe you have to be one of the big television coin hawkers to receive a 70 from the TPG's. I think it probably comes pre-packaged in their big submission deals.
     
    GoOoldmember likes this.
  5. mpcusa

    mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

    215 vs 1, i think the odds are in your favor :)
     

Share This Page