GTG - 1974 S Silver Eisenhower Dollar

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by phankins11, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

It's kind of funny when you think about it... how you pay a grading company to give you a grade and they only come back with genuine and questionable color. You are basically paying a professional for a service they are not providing and then telling you what you already know.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. phankins11

phankins11 Well-Known Member

It is, I'm not worried at all coz I love it!

JPeace$ and Endeavor like this.
  4. phankins11

Luckily I didn't pay for the opinion, I paid for the coin, which had an opinion placed on it I didn't agree with.

Endeavor likes this.
  5. phankins11

So I read this article today on a 1968 D Washington quarter graded PCGS MS-68...and the toning on this thing is very similar to My Ike in my OP. Of course composition is different, mine being 40% silver...but none the less some very similar characteristics... @physics-fan3.14 , after looking at this quarter...would you feel a bit more comfortable about my toning being genuine NT?

1968d25c-merged.jpg

6. mac266

mac266 Well-Known Member

I'd crack that Ike and put it in a Dansco album. I managed to collect a complete date and mint mark set of these when I was younger, but I usually go for blast white.

phankins11 likes this.
  7. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

No. In fact, the comparison makes yours look even more AT, in my opinion. The quarter you posted is the look that the doctor was shooting for (and I am very familiar with the look). All of the red flags I have previously mentioned still stand - but your Ike suffers in the side-by-side.

8. Dimedude2

Dimedude2 Member

this is an interesting post on the unquestionable toned Ike.

Draft saved Draft deleted