GTG 1963-D Franklin Half Dollar PCGS

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Lehigh96, Jun 2, 2020.

?

Guess the Assigned Grade

1. MS60-62

2. MS63

3. MS64

4. MS65

5. MS66

6. MS67

7. Other (Please Explain in Comments)

8. FBL (Full Bell Lines)

9. Not FBL

10. + Designation

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

I have seen people before complain that posting raw coins as a guess the grade really isn't a GTG since there is no answer. Personally, I think these are the true GTG threads since the owner of the coin also doesn't know the grade.

I will be submitting this coin to PCGS in the near future. Please GTG that PCGS will assign of the Franklin Half shown below. I have attached a poll for you to cast your vote and you may select up to 3 different things: the numerical grade, Full Bell Lines, & + grade.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Remember, please vote in the attached poll and vote for both the numerical grade and the whether you think the bell lines are full or not. As always, comments welcome!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

4. Publius2

Publius2 Well-Known Member

5. bradgator2

bradgator2 Well-Known Member

6. ddddd

ddddd Member

64+...I gave it a plus for nice luster but some of the hits and grazes are too significant for it to be gem...and not FBL (although with PCGS it's possible)

7. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

I've seen worse in 65 holders, but that really belongs at 64. The scratches in the obverse field really limit this one.

And, PCGS will definitely give that FBL, but I absolutely would not. As you know, PCGS only uses the bottom set of lines, but I use both sets (the NGC standard). There are way too many scratches across the top set of lines for me to call it FBL.

Curious, lehigh, why are you submitting this one? Even in 65FBL this is an extremely common, cheap coin. In 64FBL, this is the sort of coin dealers give to YNs for free to get them hooked.

Paddy54 likes this.
  8. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

MS-64, FBL. The scratch in the right field takes it out of the MS-65 or better class.

9. kSigSteve

kSigSteve Active Member

10. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

64+, FBL, as it appears to meet the PCGS criteria. Would not be FBL at NGC. No gem grade because of the contact marks in the obverse fields. Great luster, and close, but no cigar to gem. Nice coin.

11. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

12. ddoomm1

ddoomm1 keep on running

13. brokrken

brokrken Active Member

I have a 64 FBL that doesn't look quite as nice, so I would expect 65. Definitely FBL, as PCGS is easier on this designation than NGC. This may not get FBL by NGC.

14. royster

royster southroy

MS-64 no FBL in imho.

15. toned_morgan

toned_morgan Toning Lover

Wow that luster is juicy! MS66 FBL on my end.

Lehigh96 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted