GTG 1926 Peace Dollar

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Lehigh96, Dec 3, 2018.

?

Guess the Assigned Grade

1. AU58

2. MS63

3. MS63+

4. MS64

5. MS64+

6. MS65

7. MS65+

8. MS66

9. Other (Please Explain in Comments)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. 1916D10C

1916D10C Key Date Mercs are Life! 1916-D/1921-D/1921

I think it would at the very least crossover, maybe a '64+' or a 65, since the obverse usually carries the grade. You'd know with greater accuracy though, considering this isn't a series I'm familiar with, just like with your 46 Jeff.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

I think it should get MS64+ and it will be more liquid in NGC plastic. I will have trouble getting MS64 money for it in the ICG holder.

1916D10C likes this.
  4. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Well I voted 65, then scrolled down to see that I was wrong. I should have MR. Woodsrson’ed it.

5. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

I don't mind this coin at a conservatively graded 64 - but you've got a good chance for a + at the very least. And yes, it will definitely be easier to sell in NGC plastic.

Problem is, you need to be pretty sure that it will get the 65 to be worth it - 64 to 64+ is not a big jump.

Dave Waterstraat and 1916D10C like this.
  6. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

I voted 58. A au 64. Solid 64 with a touch of rub

7. asheland

asheland The Silver Lion

64 Very nice!

8. ddoomm1

ddoomm1 keep on running

Late to the game, but voted MS-64+

asheland likes this.
  9. asheland

asheland The Silver Lion

I have one in 63, I like the date. :)

10. Lehigh96

I cracked it out and it came back the same grade. At least it is a little more liquid now.

[​IMG]

11. DUNK 2

DUNK 2 Well-Known Member

12. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Kind of a vindication for the other guys..........they got it right (Maybe). Wonder what PCGS would say.........for that matter, what do we all say here (coin not in hand). We're the final graders people. You can look at the printed poop, but in the end, we're the final grader. Do you agree or not? Or will you continue to 'crack out' till you get what you want?

13. Lehigh96

No way, I thought it had a chance at an upgrade and wanted the liquidity of the NGC slab, but the price difference isn’t worth multiple submissions. Plus it isn’t mine, it’s my brother’s coin that doesn’t fit his current collection.

green18 likes this.
  14. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Liquidity is good.....it's what we all like. I like 'beans'. I didn't at first, but then I found them to my liking. If I want to move something, then 'beans' will do it, Get it?

Collector me likes the bean on the coin but he doesn't much like the game played.......

Mainebill likes this.
  15. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

MS63. I don't know what you paid, but not much money 64 and down.

16. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

Me too. I prefer them baked. They’re the musical fruit. And they make lots of things more liquid

Draft saved Draft deleted