GTG 1915 Cuban Dos Centavos Anacs soap bar slab.

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Paddy54, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Paddy54

Paddy54 Variety Collector

Here's a coin that truly does not fit my collection even though I do have a good number for world coins.
    I purchased this specimen due to the slab an old Anacs soap bar that is pristine condition....I mean not a mark on it! As well the eye appeal of this coin. I do believe it would go up by at least 1 grade point if broken out and resubmitted.
    The reverse is rotated about 3 degrees to the right, and I do believe since it is copper nickel composition the carbon spot surfaced after being slabbed. The coin in hand is in the early stages of a lite copper color tone when the light hits the surfaces,which are full of luster,with very few hits.
    C:windowsTempE545 - 20190301_141259.jpg C:windowsTempE546 - 20190301_141429.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

Got a photo of the whole slab?

4. Paddy54

Yes but I did a GTG and want to wait till that's done to post it.

alurid likes this.
  5. Paddy54

So no one has even a guess what this little gem grades?
    @Seattlite86

6. paddyman98

paddyman98 Let me burst your bubble! Supporter

MS 63

Paddy54 likes this.
  7. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

MS 65

Paddy54 likes this.
  8. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

9. chascat

chascat Well-Known Member

Paddy54 likes this.
  10. Paddy54

Well guessing not many takers on a world guess the grade.....so that said here she is.... 20190302_114401.jpg 20190302_114408.jpg Agan the old Anacs soap bar is spotless no nicks ,scratches, as it just was mounted . I can't recall any I've ever seen an old soap bar in pristine condition .

11. longshot

longshot Enthusiast Supporter

Late, was gonna guess 64. Nice piece.

Paddy54 likes this.
  12. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Nice looking coin and slab Paddy.
    What color is the hologram?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    Paddy54 likes this.
  13. chascat

chascat Well-Known Member

My thought is the copper nickel composition is not as reactive as 90% silver coins.

Paddy54 likes this.
  14. Paddy54

Two gold A's on black back ground. Lower right cornor has an A in the plastic

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  15. Paddy54

I paid below 63 money....which is $75. In 63 , my question is what is 64 or 65 money on tthis specimen? Need to research the slab on what generation.
    Call in the big gun @Conder101

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  16. little known fact most of the Cuban coins of 1915 were designed and engraved by Charles E. Barber 5th U S engraver and minted at Philadelphia mint

17. Paddy54

Barber was the 6th U.S .engraver he also designed coins for both China, and the kingdom of Hawaii. Served under 9 U.S .presidents.

18. sorry for the misinformation Barber was 6th engraver was a little rusty on my facts as I remember researching a few years back after I acquired some coins from Cuba dated 1915 and 1920 it was then I found out that Barber was the designer

Paddy54 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted