GtG: 1910 canada 5 cent piece

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by heavycam.monstervam, Apr 24, 2016.

1. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

I just wanted to show off 1 of my new coins. This one jumped out of the case at me. IMAG1571_1.jpg IMAG1500_1.jpg IMAG1503_1.jpg purchase price revealed with grade tommorow beer:30

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Savy

Savy Well-Known Member

4. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

5. joecoincollect

joecoincollect Well-Known Member

Au 58, in the 2nd pic looks like rub on eye brow and cheek.

heavycam.monstervam likes this.
  6. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Well let me first say this for the years 1909 and 1910 there were two types....Maple leaves and Holly leaves. Mintage of 5,580,325 total combined types . In Au. It's a $50 by my 61st ed of Charlton.
    I'm going with MS-60 $75. Value adjust for age of guide and tone value of 100.00+/- today's dollars

7. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

8. heavycam.monstervam

9. heavycam.monstervam

Paid $30 and at the time I wasn't sure if I got a good deal or not. I just like the eye appeal. IMAG1614_1.jpg

Stevearino, Savy and Paddy54 like this.
  10. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Some of my favorite coins are toned AU.
    Nice 5c

11. heavycam.monstervam

Thanks 4 the info Paddy, I checked NGC website which didn't even give a value for AU. It had XF-$12 and ms60-$60. I need to get a Krause book someday.

12. jj00

jj00 Well-Known Member

13. joecoincollect

joecoincollect Well-Known Member

Act
    actually ngc bases their values on Krause. Krause isn't much help either, since it shows only xf and unc prices for world coins excluding US ones of course. I hate it

14. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

I missed the GTG, but, on a coincidental note, a 1912 Canada 5 cent jumped out and mugged me from a dealer's case at a show this weekend. These things are not even close to anything I collect; in fact, they're kind of the opposite in some ways. I love big coins, and these are tiny! There's a good reason they were referred to as "fish scales," similarly to US 3 cent silvers. I also got mine for Krause price, which was pretty good, if you ask me. :)

15. heavycam.monstervam

16. Paul M.

You might get your wish soon. I'm considering having a few of my coins professionally imaged. This one might be among them.

17. heavycam.monstervam

@Paul M. Is it raw? Unc? Graded? Toned? I don't see many slabbed Canada coins. Mostly large cents when I do. Admittedly I have a small collection of silver 5cents through half dollars.........
    I'm with you on the big coins man, I just started appreciating foreign coins about a year ago

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  18. Paul M.

Raw, AU58 (IMO), darkly toned (album toning). I am considering getting it slabbed.

Draft saved Draft deleted