GtG: 1879s Morgan

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by heavycam.monstervam, May 28, 2017.

1. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

This coin and the oweenge Morgan, were purchased w part of my profit from the 2- .950 platinum bracelets i found at the flea yesterday for $8. Then later sold for a cool $600.
    Guess 20170528_145511.jpg 20170528_154820.jpg 20170528_155456.jpg 20170528_155156.jpg

longshot and Paddy54 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Rheingold

Rheingold Well-Known Member

MS64, maybe with a bump to MS65...nice frosty piece.

4. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

You did what?! Score!! Love it when that happens. Did they think it was sterling?

About the gtg, those pics are impossible to grade from unfortunately

5. heavycam.monstervam

It was an elderly woman who had bought them at a yard sale. She had no idea, obviously, and i wasnt even sure what they were until i had them tested.

About the images> guess im not good with rattlers, been a while since i picked one up. Getting too much glare from the holder/surface of the coin

Sidenote- i guess i shouldve paid her asking price of $5 each, instead of countering @ $4 each:troll:

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  6. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

I'm at 64 PL. And will add soon that horse shoe shall pass:wideyed:

heavycam.monstervam likes this.
  7. heavycam.monstervam

I should go play the lottery before i gourge myself on pizza and beer tonight huh

Paddy54 likes this.
  8. ddddd

ddddd Member

MS 64 ...looks quite frosty and potentially a bit undergraded.

9. IBetASilverDollar

IBetASilverDollar Well-Known Member

65 in the rattler (but may be lower if that's chatter in the obverse fields tough to tell if it's not it's probably a 65+ or 66 today)

10. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

So you're saying you ripped off a little old lady? How do you sleep at night!? Lol just kidding. All's fair in the picking game. Nice score! :)

I don't do it much anymore but I have a great eye and real knack for buying $20 +/- items at estate sales and selling them for $500+. A couple of examples:

Pair of art deco era bronze wall sconce lights with original pristine curved milk glass diffusers. Paid a whopping $2 and sold for $800. Needless to say I went overboard on packaging to ship lol.

1960s "Colonel Hap Hazzard" a robot toy made by Marx. No box and missing twirly thing on his head but otherwise worked. Bought for $20. Sold for $500. It was returned two weeks after buyer got it with the buyer saying it didn't walk. Got it back and it didn't. Called eBay and told them he broke it cuz it was fine when I sold it. EBay sided with me and gave me my money back and I got to keep it. Then sold it again for $300 as semi-functional

1950s hand painted on wood large 8'x2' Mercury Outboard Motors dealership sign. Kind of weathered but in great condition for what it was. Paid $30, Sold it on Craigslist for $600

11. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

I think the rattler is labeled as a 64. I'm pretty confident it's a 65 today though.

12. longshot

longshot Enthusiast Supporter

Frosty, I'll guess 65.

13. redcent230

redcent230 Well-Known Member

14. Dave Waterstraat

Dave Waterstraat Well-Known Member

15. heavycam.monstervam

Its atleast a point & 1/2 under imo, i havent seen too many PL rattlers. Im guessing alot of the PLs have been resubmitted during the crackout craze 20170529_094732.jpg

jtlee321, longshot and ddddd like this.
  16. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Does it have that haze over it or is that just the lighting

17. heavycam.monstervam

The lighting, thats why my photos suck.
    One of these days im gonna go out and invest in some sort of diffused lighting setup

18. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

Do you have an Ikea near you?

19. heavycam.monstervam

Actually yes, i noticed it up in the fancy part of town not too long ago. Never stopped in

20. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

You should stop in and try the Swedish meat balls.....:rolleyes:

Dave Waterstraat likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted