GTG 1844 D $5 Gold

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by MDO, Jun 23, 2021.

1. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

Those terms sound more than fair. Unless you really know the series, I would watch my step with ungraded coins. Yes, there are some good coins that have never been graded or even cracked out by owners who are interested in touching the coins.

BUT ... more often than not, scarce, ungraded coins are ungraded for a reason, and that reason, more often than not, will not be one that will add to your happiness or financial welfare.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. MDO

MDO Active Member

Thanks.... That's the same advice I got from my local dealer after he examined the coin yesterday. I know where there are at least 6 or more ungraded Dahlonega $5 gold coins and I just pass them by.

4. ksparrow

ksparrow Coin Hoarder Supporter

Nice looking coin and I think AU53-55 is right. It's certainly been dipped which gives it a look that I don't care much for on circulated gold but that's a matter of taste. I like the good strike and lack of distracting marks. Did you buy from DLRC? Really nice, fair people to deal with.

5. MDO

MDO Active Member

Yes and he offered a 30 money back guarantee.... I'm happy with the coin.

ksparrow likes this.
  6. charlottedude

charlottedude Novice Collector

Judging by the images, it looks like a processed AU coin to me. Unfortunately, finding available, original C & D mint gold has become quite challenging.

Draft saved Draft deleted