Greetings members if you please i need help

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Freefall58, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Freefall58

Freefall58 New Member

First off I need
    to thank you folks for being here and available of your time and expertise. I have a coin I have held since coming to me in 1969. I need to docuiment this coin before sending out for research.My camera resources are not good enough for this thing. What type of camera do I need to get clear NO DOUBT PHOTO proof of this coin. Is there anyone here in the Eugene Oregon I can pay to do this do.

Thanks for any help gentlemen

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dave363

Dave363 Well-Known Member

Welcome to CT.
    I just use my cell it seems to work fine for me if you are looking at this one coin and not planning on making this a hobby.

I would try to take pics with your cell first why spend the money, be sure to post a full pic of front and back of your coin.

Crop out all background and select full image when you post to thread. IMO
    Dave

Freefall58 likes this.
  4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

What do you mean by research? What do you think is different about your Coin?

5. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

Can you tell us a little about your coin? A description, date, mintmark, denomination?

6. USCoinCollector42

USCoinCollector42 Well-Known Member

Send the coin for research? Try doing a google search yourself and I’m sure you will find some helpful info.

Also please post some pictures of the coin. You can do it from basically any cellphone now adays.

I have no idea what type of coin you’re talking about...

7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Don't you see, Paddy??!! If he divulges what he has, then everyone on the planet will be searching for another specimen and beat him to the punch for the discovery, accolades and highest pricing.

Chris

8. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Or it just may be he doesn't know what he has ! Really Chris ? :rolleyes:

Freefall, take a picture, any kind of picture, and post it here. You'll get the help you need.

imrich, Chiefbullsit and Freefall58 like this.
  9. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

FYI,
    A photo of the front, back and edge will let the experts here "visually" see if it's authentic.

A scale will provide the weight of a coin to see if it matches the authentic weight.

A XRF metal analyzer (or similar) will tell if it's authentic in it's composition.

An expert, with it "in hand" will be able to tell if it's truly authentic.

A book of valuations/or even checking eBay sold auctions, will give one an understanding of potential valuation.

paddyman98 likes this.
  10. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Wise thoughts Chris. I have a friend in that situation. No need to rush.

11. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

He's only had it for 49 years! Now, why didn't I think of that?

Chris:)

12. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Ya know Chris, I've always admitted that I'm a cynic, but you've got me beat hands down. Could you be right ? Yeah, but you could also be wrong. Me, I give folks the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise.

13. Freefall58

Freefall58 New Member

1968 Lincoln cents no mint mark brilliant red doubleing??? all over words and date

14. Freefall58

Freefall58 New Member

I just need a way to document this as mine before sending it to the expertrs

15. Freefall58

Freefall58 New Member

I cant hold still enough for a good cell shot and then cant get the imaghe on here

16. Freefall58

Freefall58 New Member

Attached Files:

17. Freefall58

Freefall58 New Member

these are not representintg how clear the abnormality is

Attached Files:

18. Freefall58

Freefall58 New Member

I simply wan the experts to make a judgment with this in front of them live. Lighting alone can give you far different interpretations

19. USCoinCollector42

USCoinCollector42 Well-Known Member

I’m not understanding what abnormality you’re seeing.

My strong advice -

Don’t pay for any sort of attribution service before you learn more about the hobby and determine that your coin is valuable.

20. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Then get to a very well lit area and retry. Any darkness will create long exposures which you are unable of holding it still for long enough.

21. Dave363

Dave363 Well-Known Member

Well freefall58 it's hard to tell by pics but we see alot of 68's and I have one it's really nice but the truth is they are all most always MD(machine doubling) hope I'm wrong in your case JMHO
    Dave

Draft saved Draft deleted