Greek coins

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by yiorgos131313, Jan 31, 2015.

1. yiorgos131313

yiorgos131313 New Member

Hi everyone
    This is a complete guide for modern Greek coins which i hope will be helpful in getting Info on them . Good hunting..

www.mycoins.gr

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Siberian Man

Siberian Man Senior Member

Wellcome to CoinTalk, brother!
    You coins are beautiful!

4. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

man, that's an awesome set up you got there...welcome.

5. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

I've been looking for a Greek coin expert for awhile. Can you answer a question for me? Krause lists a 1999 5 and 50 drachmes, but I don't think they really exist. I don't see one on your list. Is this a mistake in Krause? My goal was to complete a modern set from Greece and those are the only ones I don't have.

6. yiorgos131313

yiorgos131313 New Member

Look no more my friend it is a mistake in Krause , they do not exist i cant understand why they cant update it . wwwmycoins.gr is a more complete version of Greek coins thats why you cant find them there.
    greetings from greece

Hiddendragon likes this.
  7. Jason Hoffpauir

Jason Hoffpauir Avid Coin Collector

This is a great site. I have been looking for silver proof sets from Greece. I picked up a couple at the flea markets when I was in Greece in 2013. Those were great memories. I married my wife in Athousa, Greece. I absolutely love Greek coinage. Thanks for the site. I plan on using it for the coins I want to get. Mahalo :joyful:

8. joecoincollect

joecoincollect Well-Known Member

Hi. Thanks for post.mi was looking at your site and the coin sets seem kinda low. For example, the 1965 set is 20 or so, which seems too low. I've never even seem it on ebay. The other sets after seem low too. Another question: with the two 1965 proof sets, is the only difference between them that one is in a capital holder? Thanks

Draft saved Draft deleted