'Great Sand Dunes'' America The Beautiful

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Manbaby, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Manbaby

Manbaby New Member

IMG_20190424_021021.jpg IMG_20190424_020845.jpg
    Some body please tell me there are hungry fish in this lake. Any takes on this? Looks like a fish jumping out of the water catching a bird or bug ? Is it possible this is a find in the first major variety error for this coin. I don't know.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Before anyone else jumps in to say it, you'll really need to post full pictures of the whole coin.

4. Manbaby

Manbaby New Member

These ok. Thanks for interests and your help.

Attached Files:

5. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Those aren't hungry fish. Good try, but looks like the coin took a couple hits.

Manbaby likes this.
  6. Manbaby

Manbaby New Member

Thanks for the encouraging thoughts

7. Kasia

8. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

Yep. Thanks for making me go look at mine—a proof that is beginning to tarnish in the lower left quadrant.

Kasia likes this.
  9. Manbaby

Manbaby New Member

I'm sorry .. I'm a little slow. What does tarnish have to do with the obvious scratch ,or indention, or whatever it is that looks like a fish

Attached Files:

10. Manbaby

Manbaby New Member

You see between the father and the son the stuff on the ground. Nothing like normal coin. And I'm going to show you something else in a moment. The gully on the far left that appears to end at the water, on the proof is shaped like a fish . But what is in my coun does not match the proof coun from heritage auctions

11. Manbaby

Manbaby New Member

Doesn't it seem odd that the shapes on the beach aren't the same as normal coin. And how the end of the gully shaped like a fish

Attached Files:

12. Kasia

Welcome to the wonderful world of coin pareidolia. Stay on cointalk awhile and you will see many posts from people thinking they have something valuable when it is damage that caused the so-called image to appear. You are not alone in seeing stuff that is worthless and thinking you have a great error or whatever.

https://web.colby.edu/cogblog/2018/04/25/do-you-see-what-i-see/

13. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Nothing special on or about your coin. I can't tell from your photos but you might have a small fish like die chip. Die chips are very common and add no value. You also have several hits on that coin and that is damage. It's worth a quarter.

spirityoda likes this.
  14. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

15. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

Nothing at all...just an aside.

Draft saved Draft deleted