GREAT Research Resource

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by HawkeEye, May 20, 2017.

1. HawkeEye

HawkeEye 1881-O VAMmer

I don't quite remember where I found this link, but this is a great resource for information on coins, paper money, etc.

https://nnp.wustl.edu/library/books

If you are looking for back additions, older books, and any other numismatic related history this is a one stop shop. And it is free.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SchwaVB57

SchwaVB57 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the link. It looks at first glance as a great resource to learn more about an ever changing hobby!

4. jester3681

jester3681 Exonumia Enthusiast

I have the NNP bookmarked - it has a wealth of information for research that I have gone to quite a few times. Thanks for sharing!

5. Dave Waterstraat

Dave Waterstraat Well-Known Member

Saved to favorites. Thanks for the tip Hawk!

6. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

I wish they had a better website (user interface is clunky), but the wealth of knowledge stored here is fantastic. I wish more people knew about it and took advantage of the Newman Numismatic Portal.

My understanding is that some of the proceeds from the recent magnificent sale of his collection is helping to fund this effort.

7. HawkeEye

HawkeEye 1881-O VAMmer

I think the wealth of knowledge overcomes any web site issues. It is likely that the web issues will resolve themselves as the site evolves over time. I don't think I have seen quite that much data in one spot. I thought the one area that needed help was the biographies. Some of these are on living numismatists and they have a chance to write their own biography I think. Unlikely that I will be commemorated, but there are a lot who will.

Draft saved Draft deleted