Great American Coin Week. Freeing into the wild

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Mountain Man, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

I don't get to town very often, especially when I still have over three feet of snow on the ground, but I made the effort to go to town (Helena, MT) yesterday and release 24 "steel" cents, 12 wheat back, various years, 4 Buffalo nickels with readable dates, and 2 Liberty nickels, also readable dates. Some I spent but many I gave to people that I've regularly done business with, explaining what this week was so they will keep an eye out for collectables. Three of them said they were going to keep the coins I gave them and start collecting, so I felt good about simply giving them away. One said she was going to get her grandson an album and give him the coins, save one 1943 steel cent that she has looked for over the years. She said I made her day!
    I hope that members here will report on their give away/spent and if they discover any coins or currency in the wild.

LakeEffect and furryfrog02 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

The GACW made our local news tonight, and they interviewed one dealer (anonymously, of course!) who showed a handful of circulated Ikes that he planned to take to his local BoA branch (unnamed, of course!). He also showed a handful of IHC's which he stated were worth about 50c each, but he made it a point of saying, "Who knows? Maybe someone will find an 1877." Yeah, sure!

Chris

4. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer Numismatic Enthusiast

I have some wheat cents laying around. I'm sure I can do some good with them...

5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

In your right mind, do you believe any of these guys would be releasing extremely rare coins into circulation? They had a 'bit' on the Today Show' two days ago about this.........Kerry Sanders was showing a well worn 5 dollar gold piece that was going to be released into circulation by some 'unnamed' dealer.......yeah, right............

Draft saved Draft deleted