Great 1984 nickel find

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Pixl Pirate, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Pixl Pirate

Pixl Pirate Active Member

Was doing my standard coin roll hunting and found this beautiful coin about halfway through. Some nice die clashing, more visible on the obverse and reverse. Got super pumped and examined it more closely and saw the cud on the right side of the obverse :)

Sorry about the picture quality; best I can do with an iphone 4

Attached Files:

KurtS, Briboy07, pamckees and 4 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. eddio

eddio Well-Known Member

awesome its a very nice find the clash are great a better pic of the obverse would be great,, cheers

4. jay4202472000

jay4202472000 Well-Known Member

Very nice, strong clash! I bet the maddieclashes guys would want to list it.

5. Pixl Pirate

Pixl Pirate Active Member

A little bit better shot of the obverse:

Attached Files:

6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

You might try rotating the coin in the light to get a better shot of the obverse clash. Start with a 90 degree rotation and work from there. Once you get the photo that shows the clash the best, then you can use photo software to rotate the image to an upright position.

Nice find!

Chris

7. harris498

harris498 Accumulator

I agree, actually. That is a great 1984 nickel find.
    Very nice!

8. MKent

MKent Well-Known Member

WOW I love Jeffs and have started a Gem set of them thanks to help and encouragement from some CT members, and I roll search a lot but never found that strong a die clash in any Denom. Super Sweet Find.

Pixl Pirate likes this.
  9. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

Clash and cud. Cool.

Briboy07 likes this.
  10. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

11. rascal

rascal Well-Known Member

these strong die clash coins are scarce and hard to find . I have a counter clashed jefferson nickel and have looked for a long time and never been able to find another one like it. the stronger clashed dies are easy to spot so the mint workers destroys the damaged die and destroys all the coins they can find.

Draft saved Draft deleted