Grandmas Coins

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Randy Abercrombie, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Randy, copy or not, those coins are worth more than rubies. I know you will cherish them dearly. Every day you see that purse your smile will light up the room.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Shrews1994

Shrews1994 Collecting is my passion.

I am so sorry for your loss. She loved collecting too. That's awesome. I know you will keep all her collection. And many prayers for you.

4. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Grandmas are the best. So sorry. God bless her and you and your family

5. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

So cool

6. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Finished up the melancholy task of clearing out grandmas house for market and am headed back east in just a few hours. Ran across a few more interesting coins.

My grandad was an oil man in Iran in the 1960’s and 70’s. These appear to be middle eastern in design and I am assuming these came home with him from the oil fields. They are quite worn and I’ll have to do some studying when I get home to identify them.
    C23D5B56-FA76-4B37-ACDF-90939E440137.jpeg F4950144-EF7A-43C5-B2FC-A92576033A42.jpeg D050604E-85C7-4A02-B67C-BA0E11B372E9.jpeg 63C0F5E4-DB37-4652-AFE1-C64A4BC8A303.jpeg

About ten years ago my grandmother gifted me with a beautiful Singer sewing machine that has been in the family since the 1920’s that as a kid I thought was the coolest machine on the planet. I ran across this Singer accessory box that I am betting belongs with that old sewing machine. The sewing machine and accessory box will again be reunited.
    7AE33C6F-46F3-4A41-A4CD-CF9E21B7FC22.jpeg

7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Yes that kit goes with a new machine. Try posting those coins in the ancients forum. Someone will be able to identify it and you can research from there. Safe travels and hope and pray all is well when you return home. :)

8. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Average Circulated Supporter

Sorry for your loss. I have a 1912-S Lincoln that my paternal Grandmother bought for me when I was a lad in the '70's and a Morgan dollar that my maternal grandmother gave to me before she passed at age 92. I have other coins that have value far beyond their resale price.

Draft saved Draft deleted