Grail coin acquired!

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Orfew, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Orfew

Orfew Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

Thanks @Nemo me too..LOL I was prepared to bid several times the final
    Hammer to get this one. If I thought of one person besides David who might have one of these if would be you. Do not think for one one moment my friend that I have stopped thinking about that gorgeous Domitian aegis of yours. that is a stunning coin.

Nemo likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. DonnaML

DonnaML Well-Known Member

A wonderful coin. I wasn't even aware that the type existed. Your goat should definitely be happier than this one:

Roman Republic, L. Pomponius Molo, AR Denarius, 97 BCE. Obv. Laureate head of Apollo right, L•POMPON• MOLO / Rev. Numa Pompilius [legendary second king of Rome after Romulus], holding lituus in left hand, standing right before a lighted altar, at which he is about to sacrifice a goat, which is led by a victimarius standing left, NVMA•POMPIL in exergue (MA and MP in monogram). Crawford 334/1, RSC I Pomponia 6 (ill.), BMCRR Italy 733, Sydenham 607, Sear RCV I 214 (ill.). 19.7 mm., 3,86 g. *[Double die match to CNG E-Auction 157, Jan. 2007, Lot 149?]

Pomponius Molo jpg version.jpg

4. Orfew

Orfew Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

Thanks Donna. I agree. I do not think your goat is going to come to a happy ending. Thought I must say your coin is awesome!

DonnaML likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted