Graduation present!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Crobattt, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Crobattt

Crobattt PEACE BRO xD

Got my results back from the state and passed all my graduation tests yay! Because i passed and my parents and grandparents are proud they said they may get me a graduation present.

I can't decide what i want to get! I was thinking a CC or maybe a black eagle, but i don't know so i need some suggestions. Anybody have any?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. claygump

claygump New Member

Tell them you want a 4 coin platinum eagle set. Sweeeeeeet.
    8582.jpg

4. Crobattt

Crobattt PEACE BRO xD

Thats a bit much .-.

5. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

You didn't give us a budget.

6. lincolncent

lincolncent Future Storm Chaser Guy

In that case a copper '43 would be nice. :D
    Or a '55 double die.

7. Merc Crazy

Why settle?

1933 Gaudens $20, please.

8. Pilkenton

Pilkenton almost uncirculated

9. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

10. Crobattt

Crobattt PEACE BRO xD

can somebody just close this thread.

11. Merc Crazy

Whoa, chill bro.

I asked for cash, I got cash, I blew it on... "recreational entertainment" during senior week.

Good times.

12. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Ahhh - let him em their fun.

What is your price range? A nice MS65 CC coin is always good. What do you like to collect? You get the final decision. If you asked me a nice graded bust half or large cent would be in order.

13. Crobattt

Crobattt PEACE BRO xD

my favorites are morgans and halves, also like mercurys and some buffalo

14. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

It's probably a good idea to find exactly what you want and then pass that info on to them, rather than just saying I want a Morgan, or the like. Trust me when I say it makes gift giving and receiving a lot easier for everyone involved. Whatever you get, post it here so we can see how you made out.
    Guy

15. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

Well then any nice Carson
    City Morgan would be swell. Maybe one of those nice GSA slabbed ones. They seem to be going for around $160. Congrads on graduating !!!

16. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Crobattt, dear fellow, you've gotta chill a bit. They's just havin' a bit o' fun. Nothing personal is being directed and please, don't take offence.

OK, my suggestion for what Gram and Grand & Mom and Pop should fund you for.....simplicity and modern and beautiful.

IMG_1350-horz.jpg

17. Merc Crazy

Proof Merc. :D

But I'm biased.

18. OldSilver

OldSilver New Member

Whenever im making a decision i always broaden it out and slowly narrow it down to one thing. Start by thinking of three types of coins you are interested in(cents, dimes, half dollars, dollars etc,) and then narrow it down to one. If you are stuck between two types think about wich type you have less of or wich one can maybe complete a type set. Once you got that think of a specific coin (if you picked dollars, do you want morgans, peace, bust,etc.) once you got that, make a list of dates and mint marks you would want. Look in a blue book or online and of all the coins cross out the ones that are too expensive. (if you have a set budget cross the ones that are too cheap out as well) so now maybe you have two to five coins left. Try to narrow it down to two. Once you have two, if you cant decide on one find out wich one goes up in value annualy and will have the best return if you ever decide to sell. Hope this helps you. Congrats on graduation and good luck finding the coin of your dream.
    -Ryan

19. dcure2002

dcure2002 Old but not that old

My graduation present was a 1992 ASE, still carry it in my pocket from time to time.

20. Augustine1992

Augustine1992 Member

Congrats!

my graduation present was a Chevy S10 Xtreme. I graduated last year. It all depends on what your into.

21. Copper Head

Copper Head Active Member

Or how much money your parents have.

Draft saved Draft deleted