Grading coins from Pics Round 9

Discussion in 'Contests' started by bigjpst, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Mark14

Mark14 Star Wide Receiver

nice tie for tenth, im sure my drop will help me out a bit

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Shoewrecky

Shoewrecky Coin Hoarder

bahabully,

something is wrong, I havent been given the horses ... in a long time :)

4. bahabully

bahabully Junior Member

haha.... You've apparently graduated from "Initiate", passed your trials, and are now worthy of <drum roll>.... Padawan !! Padawan Shoe... got a ring to it, don't it.

5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

That freakin' horse I bet on is still runnin'.......:)

6. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

I guess I am asleep, but where are the answers?

7. Shoewrecky

Shoewrecky Coin Hoarder

Bahabully,
    LOL, I cant help but not laugh

8. DionHurst

DionHurst Member

Doesn't mike belong in front of baha?

Spoils of being the score keeper I guess!!! Lol

9. 2schnauzers2luv

2schnauzers2luv Junior Member

Well, that makes 2 of us. I have noooo idea what is going on right now. None.

10. green18

Does your dog bite?

11. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

12. jallengomez

jallengomez Cessna 152 Jockey

Baha is psychic. You never knew that about him? :D

13. green18

14. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

:D
    [​IMG]

15. bigjpst

bigjpst Well-Known Member

Round 9 slabs

Round 9 Actual grades given by TPGs.
    Sorry I went to the gym right after work and couldn't get the pics posted before baha posted the rankings. And just as a reminder bahabully is really only competing for the bragging rights since he is helping with the contest....so I usually send him the grades sometime after he submits his grades so he can get the rankings together.
    First coin. I didn't realize until after I posted the round how much glare was in the pic. The coin is really very nice.
    25 (Medium).JPG
    second coin is pretty much like alot of morgans 64 on a bad day 65 on a good.
    26 (Medium).JPG
    And sorry I totally forgot this one was an old holder until I looked at the pics of the slabs, but in hand it may have a shot at 64 but I couldn't see it going any higher. 27 (Medium).JPG
    Thanks all for playing this out to the end....Last round coming...ASAP

16. howboutatrade

howboutatrade Active Member

To the guys running this contest...thank you. I am having a blast.

bigjpst...please send me the name of the grader for your dimes....the exact person. I want to know because of the dime in the last round with a chunk in the middle of the reverse, and now this round...the Mercury design is not even complete on the reverse with a "void" right in the middle...yet grades MS67....I don't care what part of the process caused the void, how does it get 67 with that flaw.....hidden on the small coin?

Yeah yeah, I know...guy way down the list showing his great skills is being vocal... ;-) I will sit down, shut up, and take my lumps.

Oh, and LincolnCnt should get a bonus point...from my review that is the only grader in the entire contest that graded the 81 Morgan lower than the 79 Morgan!

17. bigjpst

The nice thing about a contest like this is that it not only lets people practice their grading skills, It also helps people see how wrong the TPGs can be. And not just every once in while.....Not to give GD too much credit, but this is proof that TPGs don't follow their own standards. But glad you are having fun....

Here are some better pics of the dime in this round...Thanks to Todd at bluecc and his lighting advice.
    506611-012 obv.jpg
    506611-012 rev.jpg

18. bigjpst

Hopefully if I have another contest in the future, my photo skills will have improved....Here is the link to the FINAL ROUND

19. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

:DThanks for the contest. always fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted