Grading coins from Pics Round 8

Discussion in 'Contests' started by bigjpst, Feb 27, 2011.

1. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

D.t. Lol........

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. DionHurst

DionHurst Member

4. DionHurst

DionHurst Member

Sorry guys I got tied up after work. Just saw round 8 was available today. Didn't get any emails on the posts in round 7!!!! I'll have to see what's up.

5. jallengomez

jallengomez Cessna 152 Jockey

We got ourselves a contest again!

6. bigjpst

bigjpst Well-Known Member

Round 8 Slabs

Well Ok we got another round in the rearview and unfortunately one less contestant....but here are the Grades given by the Tpgs.
    Another nice Merc that has just enough flaws to keep it from a 66. It seems to me that the tpgs are really tough on this series.
    22 (Medium).JPG
    This one I feel is pretty accurately graded. But like most middle of the road morgans It probably really depends on the day and how much coffee the grader had.
    23 (Medium).JPG
    And once again a Roosie with the rim toning really caught some heat.
    24 (Medium).JPG

7. jallengomez

jallengomez Cessna 152 Jockey

I'll tell you one thing, I'm never going to start collecting dimes because these things are killing me.

8. bigjpst

bigjpst Well-Known Member

Well only two rounds left so worst case 6 more dimes:devil:
    Link for Round 9

9. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Sorry, I've stared and stared, and I still can't see how that particular Roosie grades better than that particular Merc. Isn't that torch handle dinged up pretty badly?

10. bahabully

bahabully Junior Member

And here they are:

Easy to be brief this round:
    All drivers came out with the exception of one. The most amazing thing I have seen in many years on this track.... The track official, after warning car LEI several times to stop agressive drafting, has driven the pace from the infield and t-boned LEI putting him into the wall.... :eek: What happens next is simply, well,,, watch it yourself:
    http://www.justfightvideos.com/fightvideos/31445/Race_Track_Fight.htm

If not for this exciting aside, the race is almosting getting boring,,,, unless someone breaks hard down the straightaway it's looking like a coast in Win for the RAIDER... and would mark his 2nd win I have seen in 3 of these contests, with his only loss to date coming on the short copper track, where RLM's specializes in his custom made car.

Let review the stats:

A bit shakey around turn 4 in the dirty air,, Raider, driving in clean air roared through.. !!
    .75 this .9 this round... a resounding boooo to everyone in the pack behind the leader!!!!

Lehigh: :hail: hope to see ya at the next race :hail:

EXACTA's > NADA !! ,, and only <barf> RAIDER got the dime.!! :thumb:

Now - THE LEADER BOARD

1 ) The most honorable HORSES A#*..:p - DIONHURST !! Apparently the environment is welcoming to you... take off your coat and stay awhile..... 1.38

2 ) EXACTA's: RAIDER - with 13 !!, as last week another "very" solid round there Raider,, no blow outs or grandstanding and you should coast in easily. :rollling:

3 ) BEST GRADER (avg score): RAIDER.... at .43,,, that's right folks, still picking up speed and improving track time.

:hammer: well done !!

Finally:
    Here is the full list. With (Name > avg score > exacta's)

Time to put these out in rankings coming down the straightaway :

1st - RAIDER - .43 - 13 (only 8 left that can beat or tie this exacta number, assuming he runs out of gas on the straightaway)
    2nd - DUKE - .62 - 8 (think there's still one non-coupled cheerleader over there Duke, maybe,,, if you hurry...)
    3rd - BAHABULLY - .70 - 8 .... made move on Raider too early, lost air... falling back.
    4th - SRO - .74 - 8 .. nother good round, still picking up abit of speed too.
    5th - JALLENGOMEZ - .78 - 8 .... bad air too,, keep the peddle down from here out !!
    DT MENACE - .83 - 7
    MIKENOOD - .83 - 7
    USMONEY - .83 - 7 ...... Coming around turn four 3-wide
    JEFFB - .91 - 7
    LINCOLNCNT - .91 - 6
    SHOE - .91 - 5
    WIGG - .91 - 7
    FERR - .96 - 7
    GREEN - .96 - 5
    2SNAZ - 1 - 8
    IKAN - 1 - 5
    RLM - 1 - 4
    JELLO - 1.04 - 4
    HOWB - 1.09 - 8 (lot's of exact's for such a low score,, the next dropped score my rocket you up the leaderboard)
    MARK - 1.09 - 4
    KRISPY - 1.17 - 5
    CAML - 1.22 - 7 (same spill for you,, next dropped score will help you a lot with 7 exactas in the baseline)
    DION (aka. stinky) - 1.38 - 3 ...

good round,, :thumb:

11. bahabully

bahabully Junior Member

I HATE THOSE DIMES TOO !!! but definitely learning something regarding how they grade at the tpg's !!

12. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

no exactas???

13. DionHurst

DionHurst Member

DION (aka. stinky) - 1.38 - 3 ...

Hhhheeeeyyyyy!

I bath at least once a week!!!!

14. camlov2

camlov2 Member

I think he means that no one got all three correct.

Draft saved Draft deleted