Grading coins from Pics Round 6

Discussion in 'Contests' started by bigjpst, Feb 20, 2011.

1. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I'm really suprised those guys didn't contribute to this round. They were all so good. Ikes and Hamm especially.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. krispy

krispy krispy

With four out, the next round(s) may turn over quicker.

4. 2schnauzers2luv

2schnauzers2luv Junior Member

I'm surprised too. And yes they were really good graders. I wonder what happened to em. Kinda strange they would just stop being in the group and contest like that. Anyway, hope all is well with them.

5. ferreram

ferreram New Member

I will now have to take over as the snail. I dedicate the next round to my fellow Gastropods. I will keep the tradition alive. I will not forget my fallen comrades. This rounds for you.

6. DionHurst

DionHurst Member

How many rounds again?

7. 2schnauzers2luv

2schnauzers2luv Junior Member

There are 10 rounds.

8. bigjpst

bigjpst Well-Known Member

Round 6 Slabs

Ok sorry for the delay, had a work thing I had to go to. Boring, but free food..:D
    So here are the actual grades given by the Tpgs.
    I still have a hard time understanding the 65 on this one.
    16 (Medium).JPG
    This one I feel is pretty accurately graded, too many marks for a higher grade IMO
    17 (Medium).JPG
    And my 1940 set pride and joy. Pretty much a mark free coin, but the toning really affects eye appeal for some. I figure the toning is what caused most of you to undergrade this one.
    18 (Medium).JPG
    Thanks again everyone for playing. And yep we lost a few. I will post the link to round 7 asap.

9. jallengomez

jallengomez Cessna 152 Jockey

Hey Green, didn't I read earlier that you were buying the alcohol for this round!

10. bigjpst

11. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

who's winning and losing?

12. green18

Yup. It's always 5:00 somewhere........:)

13. bahabully

bahabully Junior Member

And here they are:

OMG :eek: DISASTER coming out of turn 2 and into the backside straightaway.... Appears that one of our leaders going into turn 2 slammed on his brakes forcing a brutal bump draft that proprelled him way into the front of the pack on the backside,,, the inappropriate drafting practice pushed CAR number HAM into a tailspin,, clipping 3 other cars and putting them all into the wall,,, all 4 drivers were ejected from thier cars and into the crowd.... luckily all drivers landed on in the cheerleading section and now appear to be breastfeeding and mending fine... WHO WAS THAT CRAZY DRIVER !!

Smoke clears, the pack realigns under yellow and we see now that the culprit was in fact....

... RAIDER !! Well I knew turn 2 would be interesting, and who else but RAIDER,, should have known,,,, we've seen this kind of dirty pool from him before. Question now becomes, will the pack simply tuck tail and allow this type of behavior again,,, will we all meekly line up behind him and allow him to once again take the checkered flag with no one challenging him for the remainder of the race ?

Guess all we can do is get through the backside and see how we line back up into turn 3... All I can say is "what brake peddle.."

Group average improved this round !!
    1.07 to .91 this round... although most scores went up. If your score went down this round you did very well !!

Down to 24 players: 4 drivers :hail:bye-bye......
    Eye - .71
    Hamm - .71
    Ikes - .79
    Wled - .93
    .................... good cars and drivers... but there's always another race.

EXACTA's > RAIDER !! ,, oh the shame of it.:devil:

Now - THE LEADER BOARD

1 ) The most honorable HORSES A#*..:p - Still holding the rein's, and trudging along behind the mule and through it's droppings .....
    .... CAMLOV2 (avg. score = 1.47)... you could have dropped this honor easily had you not gone 64 on a 67 coin.. heck, you had 2 EXACTA's.

2 ) EXACTA's: only one on the backside.
    RAIDER - with 9 !!

3 ) BEST GRADER (avg score): RAIDER.... at .47

:hammer: well done !!

Finally:
    Here is the full list. With (Name > avg score > exacta's)

2schnauzers2luv - 1.12 - 5
    bahabully - .65 - 6
    camlov2 - 1.47 - 4
    d.t.menace - .94 - 4
    dionhurst - 1.41 - 2
    duke - .65 - 6
    ferreram - 1.12 - 4
    green18 - .94 - 4
    howboutatrade - 1.12 - 6
    ikandiggit - 1 - 4
    Jallengamez - .76 - 6
    jeffb - .88 - 5
    jello - 1.06 - 3
    krispy - 1.24 - 3
    lehigh - .88 - 5
    lincolncent - .94 - 4
    mark14 - 1.06 - 2
    mikenoodle - .88 - 5
    raider34 - .47 - 9
    rlm's cent - 1 - 2
    shoewrecky - 1 - 3
    sro114 - .76 - 5
    usmoneylover - .76 - 6
    wiggam007 - .94 - 6

good round,, :thumb:

14. green18

Dang Baha, where'd ya learn to talk like that? :)

15. ikes4ever

ikes4ever Senior Member

I was in Madrid, Spain for the last week and had zero internet access. Thanks for the chance and I had a great time with this contest.

16. bigjpst

Glad you enjoyed it.

17. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

To heck with the contest, I hope you enjoyed Madrid!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted