Grading and cameo

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Bcp, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Bcp

Bcp Member

Hey I have a tablet but the glass broke and all I have is my phone. I guess I have to figure it out but I did post a coin. Here it is. Is this a cameo.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Looks DCAM.

4. Bcp

Bcp Member

5. Bcp

Bcp Member

But should not grade right? I,'m trying to learn. These are coins that I was showing somebody but they were nearly put away. I have 250 error coin . Two tins of pennies and my coins. Don't really know how to maybe make some money

Attached Files:

6. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

You don't want to grade stuff like this. Grading fees are more than the values.

7. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

Yes. Yes. Yes. Maybe. No.

The Susan B Anthony is also a cameo. I’d need better pictures of the Kennedy to be able to tell you definitively.

Welcome to CT

8. Bcp

Bcp Member

9. Bcp

Bcp Member

What coins should you look for. Aren't wheat pennies worth anything?

10. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Wheat cents can be worth a few cents or thousands of dollars. You will need to learn how to grade them and learn what coins have value. Making money at it is not a fast or easy road.

11. Bcp

Bcp Member

12. Bcp

Bcp Member

Lol , Don't I know it!!

ldhair likes this.
  13. Bcp

Bcp Member

14. Bcp

Bcp Member

Thank you very much!

ldhair likes this.
  15. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

Welcome to Coin Talk. You have a lot of work ahead of you. The first thing to do is buy a copy of the Red Book. Title is "A Guide Book of United States Coins" by R.S. Yeoman published by Whitman. This is a very useful book loaded with excellent information. For help in grading download this to your computer:
    https://www.pcgs.com/photograde
    There is also a PCGS Photograde app that you can download to your smartphone. In the Google Play Store or Apple store.

16. Bcp

Bcp Member

17. Bcp

Bcp Member

Thank you

18. Bcp

Bcp Member

I do have several older red books

19. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Wow nice showing. I like the 64 kennedy. All my opinion. Cameos except franklin. Not sure about 64 kennedy. Hope it is. Pretty half. And a 64. Thanks for showing. Don't think cotton is a good choice to rub

20. Cheech9712

I don't see it

21. Cheech9712

Yeah but could get them from others rather cheaply. SLABBED. Sorry. Your coins aren't going to sell un slabbed at what i can get them slabbed. Sounds crazy. So check ebay

Draft saved Draft deleted