Grading ANACS Grading part 1/20

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by cplradar, Jul 3, 2021.

?

Guess the Grade

Poll closed Aug 2, 2021.
  1. MS61

22.7%
  2. MS62

27.3%
  3. MS63

22.7%
  4. MS64

22.7%
  5. MS65

4.5%
  6. MS66

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. MS67

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

don't get me wrong you want a coin varity or error attributed ANACs is the place to go :D as for grading i consider most of their grades plus or minus 2 :D

cplradar and Beefer518 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Anthony Mazza

Anthony Mazza Well-Known Member

4. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

which is +-2 better than NGC, but with shorter wait times ..Michael Fahey et al are not idiots or scam artists. I have been unhappy at times with grades all across the slabbing business, and NCG and PCGS have been a random crapshoot since I was a child. And there are parts of their business policies I abhor as a customer.

5. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

https://www.anacs.com/NumismaticTeam.aspx

I did put this up so that folks can get a feel for how much they would agree with the ANACS grades. Being that these are clad IKEs makes armchair assessment that much harder because the coins were so poorly treated out of the mint and the minting process was so ineffective.

6. mynamespat

mynamespat Well-Known Member

I didn't see anything either. I was just curious why someone who I consider a vet around here would condemn it. I was wondering if I was missing something glaringly obvious. It appears to just be lack of experience in this particular series. While I admit the picture itself is giving the coin a bit of a flat look, the surfaces still look normal for the Eisenhower dollar series to me.

cplradar likes this.
  7. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

That‘s what bothers me:
    1) a poorly struck (damaged?) rim at LIB of Liberty (obverse)
    2) two scratches above GOD, one of the two severe enough to prevent a straight grade (obverse)
    3) several hits /circulation marks at the cheek, ear and neck area (obverse)
    4) lack of luster
    5) no eye appeal
    Etc.
    Do you seriously think this coin should grade anywhere close to MS64? I don’t think so. Better pictures could change my mind though.

2EA4F777-7981-422C-975C-50D79EB615CD.png

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
    spirityoda and Beefer518 like this.
  8. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

You missed nothing. It is a free country and people excersize their freedom of speech.

Coinman1974 likes this.
  9. Coinman1974

Coinman1974 Research, Research, Research

I went 64 I did not think it would grade any higher due to the defects on the coin and am surprised it actually was. However it is a nice strike overall.

cplradar likes this.
  10. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

7397637 reg number

Draft saved Draft deleted