Grade your coins for $10 each, what a deal!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by longarm, Feb 10, 2016.

1. longarm

longarm Well-Known Member

I wonder if anyone falls for this, check out this deal from a no name grading company.

The 10-10-10 Deal is here!

Edited: copyrighted material not allowed and possible advertisement.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2016
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Gilbert

Gilbert Part time collector Supporter

Such a deal!!

4. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

I'm in for 10 :wacky:

Actually, anacs (an actual tpg with a moderate modicum of respect in the industry) is roughly the same price so I think they need to cut it to 5-5-5 to compete lol.

BadThad likes this.
  5. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

And yes some people do fall for it. Where did you even see it? Was it via email or advertising some where?

6. longarm

7. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Is that the love child of NGC and PCGS?

8. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

9. Evan8

Evan8 A Little Off Center

Amos 811 likes this.
  10. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Amos 811 likes this.
  11. Mike Thorne

Mike Thorne Well-Known Member

Amos 811 likes this.
  12. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

I thought you all would enjoy that :)

13. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

14. longarm

15. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

ANACS extended their Dollars and Cents promotion through the end of the month. They are a legit grading company and the coins are $10ea for dollars and cents.

I took advantage this year - I mean really took advantage. I went through my entire silver dollar collection and send in the lion's share of high grades and rarities. I'm patiently waiting (yeah, right!) for the results and return shipment.

16. Mike Thorne

Why pass on NCS? Isn't that the conservation arm of NGC? Or, were you referring to another NCS?

17. Mike Thorne

If you know how to report problems to eBay, you should really report this one. One eBay policy is that you can't use Sheldon numbers with coins graded by one of the "lesser" services. I think the seller weaseled his way around this rule by throwing in NGC, when NGC has nothing to do with this coin. I was going to report it but figured it was going to be too much of a hassle since I've never reported anything before.

18. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

Amos 811 likes this.
  19. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

20. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Believe that is one of those "name your grade" services used by at least one of the TV coin peddling programs.

21. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

Hey if people are really willing to pay someone $10 to put whatever they want on the label, via a minimum accepted grade or grade you expect on the submission form itself. More power to the guy whose charging the idiots for the service when they could just self slab their own coins for under $10 each.

Draft saved Draft deleted