Gotta love large cents

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by mark_h, Feb 6, 2010.

1. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Or if you hang around here, you certainly have to put up with me posting them. :) The first I took in natural cloudy sun light - the minute I turned on any light the coin became too dark for the pictures. If I get a chance I will work on it and plus I still have to attribute it. What I like about it is the strong strike in the center, while around the outter rim it is not as strong a strike. I thought it was cool and a solid coin for the grade.

The second worked with one light on, but it makes it look "more" cleaned that what it really is(actually darker). The second fills another spot in the old dansco album - maybe if I get a chance I will take a few of the album itself. Down to just a few varieties - 14 coins total and a few are really common. This one fits the bill, even though it is a little rough.

And as always all comments good or bad are welcome.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. quartertapper

quartertapper Numismatist

I bought a few of these over the years in less than perfect condition to say the least. I really didn't care about the condition. I just think these are a really neat conversation piece, and they seem to be a very good value in the collecting market.

4. raider34

raider34 Active Member

Great coins Mark, I like that '16 :thumb:.

5. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

Nice! I've been on a large cent kick myself the past few years. Nothing fancy. I usually like f-vf condition.
    Guy~

6. mark_h

Yep - even a date set of f/vf would be a nice set. Figured most people would like the 1816 better than the 1847. What is really cool is I just attributed the 1816 and it is a N-5 R3 coin, which means I misattributed it when I was buying it. Oh well don't know how I messed up on the reverse.

7. Art

Art Numismatist?

Great large cents. :thumb:

8. bqcoins

bqcoins Olympic Figure Skating Scoring System Expert

very nice, especially the 16, that large copper is just so beautiful.

9. copperflopper

copperflopper Junior Member

That 1847 looks like an overdate check the top of the 7 for the top of small 7. Ron:kewl:

10. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Very cool, Nice coins!!

11. mark_h

Exactly why I bought it. :) It is an N-2.

Draft saved Draft deleted