Gotta Bone to Pick With Coinworld

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by green18, Jul 20, 2019.

1. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Coin World.jpg

The text reads so.....

"An end to commemorative coins in 1939
    In my cover feature in the August monthly issue of Coin World, I explore changes made to U.S. commemorative coin programs in 1939, as Congress stepped in to curb the abuses that were making many in the hobby angry and a chosen few rich.

Until the 1930s, commemorative coin programs were issued only occasionally. However, promoters convinced Congress that more is good, setting up horrendous abuses. In 1936 alone, 21 different commemorative coin programs were issued, totaling 34 individual coins.

Read how this occurred and how a member of Congress finally stood up in the House of Representatives to demand a stop to the abuses. Read my cover feature in the August monthly issue, available only to subscribers of our print and digital editions."

I have to be a subscriber to CW? Then why include this title in your email to me. You guys suck( Coinworld)

You have sent me other articles that I could read without being an subscriber. Why is this article reserved to only subscribed folks? Stop the bloody devil spamming my inbox with this nonsense if you're not going to send me the entire article.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

And that's the booze talkin' folks......:)

4. green18

5. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

I dropped them myself. There were ads in the newspaper that were misleading the public, especially those new to the hobby. I called them out on it and was told that, in 25 words or less, they need the advertisements and people had to determine misleading for themselves.

green18 likes this.
  6. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

I've already seen El Chapo pop up in two different threads. Funny stuff! :D
    xvmgg.jpg

Islander80-83 likes this.
  7. calcol

calcol Supporter! Supporter

So block'em with your email reader. Gotta consider if the (free) benefit outweighs the irritation. I subscribe to CW and NN. Don't always agree with what they do and say, but they definitely keep me better informed in ways it would be harder to do otherwise.

Cal

green18 likes this.
  8. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Gotta agree with you green18! It's definitely, "bloody devil spamming!" :D

9. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Commonly referred to as advertising and practiced by every company on the planet :)

But I get your point green, I really do. But then if they didn't use those teasers, they wouldn't sell any magazines now would they ? And if they didn't sell any magazines then you wouldn't get anything at all - free or otherwise.

And don't forget, you always have the option to opt out of their emails so you don't get any at all - free or otherwise.

Razz, green18 and micbraun like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted