Got a Web Note in change 1988A C-A Block

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Oldhoopster, May 14, 2019.

1. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Ratty condition, but the first one I received in a long time. I have some nicer ones that picked from circulation in the 90's.

Can someone tell me if the C-A block is one of the better ones? Front Plate 4, Back Plate 2. The "My Currency Web Note look up" says its from Run 11. If it's a better block, then I'll save it even with the condition issues. If it's common, then back into circulation.

IMG_1118 (2).JPG

Legomaster1 and Tlberg like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

Serial # range C64000001A - C70400000A is run 11. September 1992 production time frame. Run 11 produced 6,400,000 notes, total run was 12,800,000 (including run 12). Run 11 was comprised of plate combinations: 3-2, 3-4, 4-2, 4-4.

4. Evan8

Evan8 A Little Off Center

Personally, I would keep all web notes regardless of condition or rarity. I like them and webs are one of the very few notes I will collect. Of the 3 that I own 2 were found in circulation. Just because there might have been millions printed in one run doesnt mean that the entire run still exists. How many have been shredded over the years? So like I said, all web notes should be kept, and besides it only costs a dollar to keep. If you don't want to keep it, throw it on Ebay for 5 bucks.

masterswimmer, Tlberg and Legomaster1 like this.
  5. Tlberg

Tlberg Well-Known Member

Nice @Oldhoopster - I have spots planned for 5 web notes - when/if I get #6 I will consider condition...still hunting #1 :)

6. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Please show the reverse.

7. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

I take crappy pics with my old iPhone. Back looks the same but with no writing. I would conservatively grade it F12-F15 if it didn't have the writing on it. I'm not looking for a value. It appears as if the C-A block is not a common one. Just wanted to know if it's slightly better or a really good find

8. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

The price guides show the 1988A $1 C-A (R11) Web note as a little bit better than average. If you’re keeping it, get it into a quality sleeve before it tears.

Tlberg and Oldhoopster like this.
  9. Searcher64

Searcher64 Member

I need to get some of mine out. I started collecting them in 1993. Do not know how many I have now. I do know that I do not have the "Star" note from Atlanta. I received, or got most from circulation back then, later at our club. I got some more then at about face, because not many of our club members were collecting currency then, just coins.

10. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Nice :) pick up for face, but condition is very rough and the writing on it
    Doesnt help either.

11. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I'd keep all web notes. My LCS has them for sale in worse condition than yours at $5.00 each. As the condition goes up, so does the price.

Tlberg likes this.
  12. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

1988A Web.png
    This is kind of a cool C-A Web note as it has some context. It was given to or received from an Uncle Mickey in 1994, presumably saved and then found and released back into circulation around fifteen or so years later (I found it in 2011).

13. Collecting Nut

Claim it was signed by Uncle Mickey Mantel. Sell on eBay for $50,000. After all, he was somebody's uncle. :)

George McClellan and NOS like this.
  14. George McClellan

George McClellan Active Member

15. Collecting Nut

A failed effort by the BEP. You can spot them by the small plate number on the reverse. It's up high just above the E in Onevand to the right of the T in trust on the reverse.

George McClellan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted