Got a question about a St. Gaudens

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Santinidollar, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

What do you some of you gold types think would be a fair price for one to buy a 1915-s. Research is all over the place. Thanks!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Victor

Victor Coin Collector

I would be interested to know.

4. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

1915-S is readily available in all grades gem and below. You can find many very nice coins for $1500.

Santinidollar likes this.
  5. Santinidollar

Thanks Mike!

6. Victor

Victor Coin Collector

Mine is a slabbed ANACS MS-63. Coin World [values]
    lists a MS-63 at $1,850.
    Kind of optomistic I would say.

7. imrich

imrich Supporter! Supporter

Is that an offer for mint state 1st tier TPG mint state certified? If not, would you please post "links" to these "mint state" bargains?

Rich

8. Victor

Victor Coin Collector

Mintage of the 1915-S was 567,500.

9. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

What's a fair price for a 1959 T-bird? Really, there are too many variables.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  10. imrich

imrich Supporter! Supporter

I've only seen one top tier TPG certified Mint State "bargain" sale of this Date/Mint-mark in the last 3 months, as the coin is competitively sought.

I believe $1500 may be a "Fair Price" for a "snipe" buyer.

If you get to be a serious buyer, send a PM when ready.

Rich

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    Santinidollar likes this.
  11. Santinidollar

Doing some serious consideration here. I'm looking to add a double eagle after rejecting the idea I had of a 1986 American Gold Eagle proof. Spotted one today that really caught my eye. It's a top tier TPG.

12. ToughCOINS

No, I'm not in the market for a 1915-S . . . all of the below are slightly higher in price, but also are choice BU or better.

http://www.collectorscorner.com/Products/Item.aspx?id=22196582

http://www.collectorscorner.com/Products/Item.aspx?id=16148909

http://www.collectorscorner.com/Products/Item.aspx?id=17443425

- Mike

Paul M. and imrich like this.
  13. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

....and whatever you see on Collectors Corner (a great place to see an aggregate of what's available out there), you can probably get for a better price by hitting the dealer's website and talking to them directly. These are dealers. It's what they do. :)

14. ToughCOINS

Perhaps, but Collector's Corner isn't charging dealers fees on a per sale basis; all fees charged are on a subscription basis, so it's not as if a dealer on CC saves anything at all by not selling through CC.

I don't advertise through CC because I'm small time compared to most of those dealers. Are there many CT buyers who look on CC? Just wondering if I should reconsider . . .

15. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

For me, that's the first place I look every time I face the question of "Where can I buy this?" posted online. For the coin types found there, stuff which is in your general offering range, it's the best "weed out the Ebay cranks" aggregator on the Internet. The real dealers put their stuff on CC, no fruits and nuts.

But, just like a dealer selling on Ebay, I frequently run into the same item offered at a lower price on that dealer's own website, dickering aside. It's standard retailing to post a slightly higher price at alternative selling venues aside your own. Especially when you have to cover the cost of a subscription....

ToughCOINS likes this.
  16. ToughCOINS

Thanks for your considered reply Dave. While I don't yet have a large enough marketing budget for a CC subscription, there's value in your feedback . . . much appreciated.

- Mike

17. Santinidollar

I've gotten some initial leads from Collectors Corner and have gone to the dealer"s website to make the purchase. CC isn't a bad research tool, either. You can get a feel for what the going asking price is.

ToughCOINS likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted