Got a minute ?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Johndoe2000$, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Can someone please explain step by step, how to check for price comparisons of completed coin sales on both EBAY, and H.A. ? just looking to see what the best way to get real coin values, but not sure how. Yeah I'm behind the times, but I thought that it's time I learned. Then maybe I'll try to sell a few on this site, or EBAY. Thanks in advance.

John.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dough

Dough My brain is open

Let me know if this gets you to the information you're looking for.

Ebay:
    First you search for the item you're interested in on the home page.
    That will take you to the page with your search results. Then you can check a box labeled "Sold listings" under "Show only" on the left side of screen.

Heritage:
    First select "All Sold (4.2 million items)" on the right side of the home page (www.ha.com).
    That will take you to the sold listings area of the Heritage site. You can search from there.

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  4. Johndoe2000$

Thanks. Exactly what I was looking for.

5. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

HA takes you back to ca. 2002. eBay takes you back no more than 90 days. HA thus is more interesting, particularly when you find items that sold for moon money back before 2008 and then got sold at fire sale prices ca. 2010-11. Same items even. I have one note from a Connecticut National Bank from the 1870s that sold for $1700 in 2008, I bought it for $425 or so ca. 2010.

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  6. Johndoe2000$

Thanks, that explains the results from my EBAY searches. Is there a way to look back farther than 90 days on EBAY ?
    P.S., I'm glad you changed your avatar again. The last one gave me nightmares. :happy:

Draft saved Draft deleted