Got a full box of 2020 D nickels, as far as I can tell. Is there anything I should look for?

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by kkm, May 29, 2020.

1. kkm

kkm Active Member

IMG_20200529_184532.jpg

I think I have a box of 2020 D nickels just by looking at the enders. Not sure if I should be happy or sad, or if I should bother looking through these at all. Is there anything I should look for (errors)? I heard that a 2020 W proof nickel has been released, so maybe I will find one of those...

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

You won't find a proof nickel in a box like this. They were only released with the purchase of a proof set from the U.S. Mint. However, if you are fairly certain this is a solid date box, you might contact Virg Marshall (they are online). Their last flyer was asking to buy and they would pay well for these and dimes. www.virgmarshall.com

4. GH#75

GH#75 Trying to get 8 hours of sleep in 4. . .

I say keep one or two. Look through the rest, and if there aren't any good ones, put them back into circulation. Keeping a hoard like this (same mint/year) will lower the value of the nickels in the future because there will be a lot of them in BU condition.

5. kkm

kkm Active Member

Interesting, thanks. I will definitely look into selling. I looked at completed eBay sales and these 2020 D boxes are selling for up to $250.

Draft saved Draft deleted