Got a call from the Post Office today.....

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by BigTee44, May 22, 2015.

1. BigTee44

BigTee44 Well-Known Member

Lots of USPS hate in some of these threads so I thought I'd share a good USPS story today.

Got a call earlier this afternoon from our local Post Master and he left a message asking to call back and speak with him. I'm not expecting any packages, and I don't currently have anything shipped out so I was a little concerned what it could be about(I do have a PO box). So I returned the call and he answered and I told him who it was that was calling and he just said "Hey I got a bin here and there's a coin sitting at the bottom of it, it's a silver dollar. Are you expecting a silver dollar in the mail?" I said no, I didn't have anything heading in. He said alright I just thought I'd give you a call and see if this was yours. The post master knows me from a few problems I had with some of my coins- had a package with 3 Barber quarters in it, was delayed/lost when I contacted him, they were found within 2 days, same problem, empty package, coins on the bottom of the bin. Had talked to him personally about 5-6 times about a package that still is in customs since October as you can't contact them to see where your package is.

Just goes to show there's still great people within the company that go above and beyond for their customers.

Hopefully he can find the rightful owner of that silver dollar.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Yes, some people really do care.

Chris

4. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

Buy that man a beer

spirityoda likes this.
  5. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

sometimes you get lucky

6. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

It can make a job feel better, be more tolerable, if you make an effort to do it well.

7. charlie123

charlie123 Well-Known Member

How did he know it was a BIN?

BigTee44 and Seattlite86 like this.
  8. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Haha! Awesome.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  9. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Draft saved Draft deleted