Gordian III and the Cartwheel - Buying What You Didn't Know You Wanted

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Marsyas Mike, Jul 15, 2017.

1. jamesicus

jamesicus Well-Known Member

That is the first time I have seen that @Andres2 - thank you for posting it.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Indeed they are.
    Indeed it has, but at least by straying from the topic of Gordian III, we haven't seen any jokes about roaches.

... Yet.

Give @Mat and @Sallent time to arrive. ;)

4. Milesofwho

Milesofwho Omnivorous collector

No! You’ve summoned them!

5. lordmarcovan

:vamp::p

Milesofwho likes this.
  6. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

I may be taking a break from ancients to focus on acquiring more astronomical equipment for my evening bug of star hunting, but there is one magical word that can always summon me back to the world of ancient coins...Gordian III.

Did anyone say roaches?

And a roach to go with the song!

Bt9NGRw3N2KczZ5c6jdGf7XinAj82f.jpg

Johndakerftw, Bing and Ajax like this.
  7. lordmarcovan

I literally LOL-ed so loud at that "Funky Towel" roach song that it startled ladymarcovan in the kitchen. :hilarious:

Sallent likes this.
  8. lordmarcovan

@Sallent- are Gordian the First and Second also considered roaches?

If so, I'll be leaving open-faced peanut butter sandwiches everywhere (watch yer step there - and oh yeah - don't sit on the couch, either) and I'll spread that chicken salad we were gonna feed to the dog all over the walls.

I could use me some Gordie Ones and Twos! ;)

Sallent likes this.
  9. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

Yeah, too bad it doesn't work that way. If it did I'd cover myself in syrup and attract all the Gordian III coins this side of the Mississippi.

They always say you should never tally the cost of your hobbies, but I never listened to that. So, I was tallying the total I've spent on my main scope and all the accessories I've been buying for it, and I'm pretty sure I could have bought a Gordian II sestertius for that kind of money. Hence the reason I'm taking a break from coin purchases for a while.

Too bad I can't win the lottery and do all my hobbies all at the same time, without any breaks to finance something else. Well, one can only dream and buy a ticket on occasion.

10. Milesofwho

Milesofwho Omnivorous collector

I don’t have that option! Even if I was of age...

11. lordmarcovan

I just saw two Gordian III's scurrying around on the bathroom door.

Our bathroom doesn't look like the one in that video, but it might be kinda close sometimes.

Draft saved Draft deleted