Good luck in a roll of halves

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by AZSteve, Dec 20, 2020.

1. AZSteve

AZSteve Well-Known Member

Due to holidays and projects I haven't done any CRH since early November, but I do ask for halves and dollars (rolls or loose) when I go to businesses or my Credit Union. Rarely get an offer. However, on my last visit to the CU one teller offered one customer-wrapped roll of halves. Surprisingly, from that one roll I got one upgrade and seven hole-fillers (71-99). Nothing special, but that was really a surprise after going thru a whole box of halves several months ago and finding only about 42 silvers/upgrades/hole-fillers for my virtually non-existent Kennedy collection. Whetted my appetite again for more CRH.

capthank and NOS like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

4. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

A friend of mine let me know that a neighbors husband died and had a bunch of Liberty Walking, Franklins, and 1964-1970 half dollars. I was flabbrtghasted when I saw their condition. Last count was 50+ liberties, 60+ Franklins, and 80+ Kennedys. I bought them for $800. I had not done any research before I bought them, so I was flying blind on the value. It turned out to be about $2 a coin. They were all AU and better. I've known my contact since I was stationed at Fort Bragg in 1969.

john65999 likes this.
  5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

6. AZSteve

AZSteve Well-Known Member

Sometimes good luck is hard to find, and a bit of help always helps - Congrats!

7. capthank

capthank Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted