good dealers in NYC

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Jako lipo, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Jako lipo

Jako lipo New Member

me and my dad are going up to NYC soon i would like to see if there is any really fancy or good coin dealers there that i could buy from or maybe just gawk?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Ed Goldman

Ed Goldman coin collector

STACK'S 57th street between 6th and 7th ave.Years ago there were a whole lot of them between 6th and 7th ave between 43st. and 47th st. Just for the record, 6th Ave is also(Ave of the Americas) for you out of towners.

4. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

5. umtrr-author

umtrr-author Thalia and Kieran's Dad

I remember being taken to Stacks many years ago by my dad. It was the only one I could think of as well. I haven't been there in a long time and I suppose that if we get to NYC this season I'll have to take Thalia Elizabeth just so she can say she was there.

I also remember Manfra, Tordella and Brookes in Rockefeller Center...30 Rock, in the shopping arcade if I recall correctly, but I'm not sure about that. I wondered whether they were still there, so a quick search ensued.

MTB appears to still be in business, but with a Broad Street address and just selling bullion and bullion coins. I imagine that they wouldn't have a storefront. Definitely for large transactions only, a minimum $25 service charge for an order.

6. The_Cave_Troll

The_Cave_Troll The Coin Troll

probably not what you are looking for since he doesn't have a storefront to walk into, but my favorite NYC dealer is Paul Marino who owns PMJ Coins ( www.pmjcoins.com ). I give him the highest recommendation possible. I believe he is in Queens.

Draft saved Draft deleted