Good deal on Halves?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Tyler G., May 5, 2012.

1. Tyler G.

Tyler G. Active Member

Today I went to my local silver dealer at a jewerly's bench, and bought 7 1964 kennedys and 3 franklins for 5 dollars each!!!!!And also a quarter for 2 dollars. What do you think of my deal today?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

You did great, you bought silver for less than melt.

4. cmilladoo

cmilladoo Keepin it Real

i would probably say that it didn't exist as that is less than half of melt and most people that sell silver have the internet....but it makes for a nice story i guess

5. silverspoonvint

silverspoonvint New Member

Best half off sale ever!

6. Tyler G.

Tyler G. Active Member

You want me to show you pictures?

7. silverspoonvint

silverspoonvint New Member

I believe you, I've been given a great deal before, often on purpose. I've also given great deals to great friends. It's not all about the market at all times. He gave you a $50 gift, which is awesome. I'm guessing you are a good customer. I'd spend $50 to keep some of my better customers happy too.

8. Ummmm yes, good deal...unless they are cut in half. :D

9. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Pics of coins in old 2x2s doesn't prove your story, or at least won't prove it for cmilladoo.

I do believe it though. If you haven't been following silver spot for the past few years, you'd be pricing stuff low. These bargains are out there, somewhere. Often probably by blue haired old ladies who were recently widowed.

What's a Jewelry's Bench?

10. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

Irrespective of what cmilla thinks, you did good. You got some junk silver for half of melt. :thumb:

11. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

my thought exactly.

12. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

If he's selling for that price, I wonder what's he paying? Most "silver dealers" pay a little more than 8X to 10X face.

13. That was a great deal. Congrats! :thumb: Have you purchased any jewelry from him lately? ;) TC

14. Tyler G.

Tyler G. Active Member

Theres a jewerly shop near here and in the back there's a bench where the jewerler sits and works on jewerly, but the only reason I go there is because he has small little box full of pennies and silver coins, but I never asked him about the halves I usally just buy mercury dimes. When I asked him about the halves I couldn't belive him so I bought all I could.

15. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Great! I don't think that people actually believe that sometimes, this stuff just happens.

:thumb:

16. icerain

icerain Mastir spellyr

Nice deal, you just don't find deals like that.

17. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

Great deal, congrats. Under spot market. Nice!

18. Numis-addict

Numis-addict Addicted to coins

You know what they say, "Pics or it didn't happen!"

19. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

So he shows you pics, are you then going to say, "well I don't believe those are your coins, I'll bet you borrowed them from somebody or those are someone elses pics"? Why can't you just believe that he got a good deal and just congradulate him. Dealers sometimes give youngsters good deals. If I was selling something and a YN was interested in it I would probably sell at cost or even perhaps a loss if I knew his finances weren't the greatest.

20. bradarv90

bradarv90 Member

Well I only have one question. Are you selling?

21. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

Nothing at the moment. :smile

Draft saved Draft deleted