Good day CRH

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by 1stSgt22, Feb 17, 2024.

1. 1stSgt22

1stSgt22 I'm just me!

Found a 1959D quarter!!

IMG_1548.jpeg IMG_1549.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

4. Sharkbait46737

Sharkbait46737 Well-Known Member

Sweet, nice find!

71Avalon, Inspector43 and 1stSgt22 like this.
  5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Nice and it’s in decent shape.

6. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Nice find there Sarge! biggrin.gif

7. Barney McRae

Barney McRae Supporter! Supporter

General question......is anyone still doing the coin roll hunt in 2024? Banks are a pain, and I keep hearing most stuff is either picked through or cherry picked by the coin counting machines, especially for silver. Thoughts and observations?

71Avalon likes this.
  8. 1stSgt22

1stSgt22 I'm just me!

I still have banks that trade out rolls for me. All they require is that I have an account. You wont find silver very often but there is still some out there like the quarter shown above. There are other things to look for too like RPMs, CUDs, clashes and other errors and varieties. It takes patience but I find it relaxing. Just remember to be nice to the tellers.

Sharkbait46737 and 71Avalon like this.
  9. coingeek12

coingeek12 Well-Known Member

From what I've heard the machines arent sorting out the silver, that would be far too much work for them to do that. However, high circulating currency like dimes and quarters will have very little, if any, silver left due to decades of it being taken out by collectors and non-collectors alike. You'll have better luck with nickels, halves, and dollar coins.

Barney McRae likes this.
  10. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Coin sorting machines sure do kick out silver -- not always, and not all of them, but reliably enough that it's pretty common to find silver in the reject slots of CoinStars or even self-checkout stations.

I posted a thread a few years back about buying some rolls of silver quarters on eBay. Not only were they in N F String & Son wrappers, the seller's shipping address was N F String & Son's business address. Now, maybe one of the leading change processors just happened to get into the side business of buying and selling silver coins, completely independent of all the coins they process daily -- but I kind of doubt it.

coingeek12 likes this.
  11. PamR

PamR You Never Know! Supporter

Draft saved Draft deleted