Good Day At The Bank!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by tommyc03, Apr 24, 2015.

1. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Got my weekend spending money today and asked Liz what she had in the drawer that she did not want. About $10.00 in halves and dollars. This is what was in there. A 1984P Kennedy with missing F in FG, the G is there but just barely, a 1979 Near Date SBA and a 2011P Dollar with several die chips at the neck. Not to shabby img669.jpg img670.jpg img671.jpg for one day.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

You 2x2 those coins quickly don't you! :woot:

tommyc03 likes this.
  4. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Yeah, pretty quick that way but I didn't want to lose them in the pocket change. Got a few puppy hairs in there also, for posterity. (kind of like saving baby teeth)LOL. have a great weekend paddy.

paddyman98 likes this.
  5. billy b

billy b Active Member

Lucky day nice finds.May I ask you how you took those pic's.When I take a pic of a coin in a 2 by 2 all you can see is the bright light.Whats the trick?

6. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I crop the photo on my flat bed scanner and change the resolution to 3200 dpi.

7. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Nice finds Tommy keep the lucky streak going!

tommyc03 likes this.
  8. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Good show Tommy..........:)

9. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

Does your wife know about Liz ? Isn't it great to have contacts. Nice pick ups Tommy.

tommyc03 likes this.
  10. BonnieSue

BonnieSue The devil's in the Hair !!

very nice Tommy icon_smile_thumbsup.gif .. Congrats

11. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

3200 dpi??????? I scan old books and papers for a living but the most we do is 1800 for photos and slides. 3200???? man you could see the individual hairs on Lincolns head if he had any ;)

tommyc03 likes this.
  12. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

No wife
    No wife anymore (10) years) so no more problems. That case is closed. LOL. (I should ask Liz out for lunch sometime soon tho :)

13. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I just use the 3200 for coins. Most other ephemera is good at 800 dpi. Besides, any higher than that and ebay won't except them as the file is too large. Had no problems here tho.

rooman9 likes this.
  14. loopytoad74

loopytoad74 Active Member

I'd call that a good result.nice.

tommyc03 likes this.
  15. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

You are on the right track Tommy. You should at least buy her a box of candy to show your appreciation for her thinking of you.

tommyc03 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted