Good Buy? $2,200 1862 PF63 Seated Half Dollar

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Gam3rBlake, Dec 30, 2020.

1. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

BINGO !! KA-CHING !!!

And I say this not only as a guy who considers Saints his favorite coin to collect (if only in small quantities because of their cost ! :D ) but as someone who purchased and read several books and THOUSANDS of message board postings here and elsewhere on Saints before I purchased my 1st one.

And I devoured Roger Burdette's 600-page magnus opus earlier this year after buying a few Saints at FUN. :D

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Gam3rBlake

Gam3rBlake Well-Known Member

Ive always wanted a Saint lol.

The funny thing is I’m not a big fan of the obverse but I think the reverse is one of my favorites aside from the old Barber & Seated coinage.

The one thing I hate about St. Gaudens Double Eagles though is that even MS ones (if they’re common mintage) are treated and valued basically like bullion.

I’ve always believed any coin in MS condition that’s over 100 years old should be worth more than bullion value.

I also love the reverse of the Liberty Head Double Eagle. The Eagle looks so awesome I think.

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  4. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Really? Never noticed :p

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  5. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

There are so many that survive in MS quality that they satisfy the pure numismatic collectors and flow into the investor class and public.

I think if anything it shows that if you want gold bullion you should buy cheap Saints rather than new or older modern gold coins. Or at least consider tham an addition -- as I have done myself lately.

TR didn't like it...I think he thought that eagle on the Liberty DE or Indian Heads looked like a "grilled squab." :D

Draft saved Draft deleted