Gold German Coin dedicated to Kennedy

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Forrest, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Forrest

Forrest New Member

It is currently mounted in a solid gold bezel, which could be worn as a necklace, pin, or pendant.

President Kennedy's profile in on the front of the coin.

On statement on the back of the coin is "Wir Alle Haben Ihn Verloren 22.NOV.1963". Which means "We all have lost him"

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. satootoko

satootoko Retired

[​IMG] to CoinTalk Forrest.

To a numismatist that medallilon is worth the bullion value of its gold content +/- ~10%. The damage caused by mounting it as jewelry would significantly reduce its value if it were actually a coin, but as a bullion piece that damage is irrelevant.

It may have more value to a collector of JFK memorabilia, but this is not the type of forum on which you are likely to obtain that kind of information, unless there happens to be a JFK collector or three out there that I don't know about. ;)

4. Forrest

Forrest New Member

Thank you for the speedy reply. The mounting is completely removable,
    with tiny clips. I was just wondering if anyone has seen a coin like this
    before?

thanks again, vey nice forum.

5. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

A good collector can even tell that....the clips leaves little marks and with the right thing....they can see it.

Speedy

6. Becky

Becky Darkslider

Welcome!!! It's very interesting, but I have never seen one before. Thanks for sharing it with us :)

7. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Howdy Forrest - Welcome to the Forum !!

What Roy was trying to tell you is that this is not a coin - it is a medallion. It was made by a private company in Germany (not by the German mint) and sold to the public as a memento. The only value it has is based on its gold content.

And yes - I have seen them many times.

8. Forrest

Forrest New Member

Great guys, I do appreciate all the information. Coins appear to be an amazing art.

Best regards
    Forrest

9. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

"Ich bin ein Berliner" Welcome :)

Bone

10. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

That's actually a John F. Kennedy memorial medallion,as it has the date of when the President of America was assassinated.

Aidan.

11. NumisMatty

NumisMatty Numis-Matt-ist

It has to have at least a little more than it's bullion value, as a collector's item.

Draft saved Draft deleted