Gold color sue b

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Jimm, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Jimm

Jimm Active Member

Good morning all. Learning a valuable lesson out here. Thanks for all ur help. A friend gave me some penny books awhile ago and I dragged these out of one book. What ya think? In the 1920 photo is it wear that makes the letters worn? Is the 1918 dd anywhere? How bout the 1949? The mint mark looks dd along with liberty. It looks bigger. Also what's with the 6 in 1926?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I know I am an old school collector. There is quite a dedicated group of collectors these days that do look for errors. I am not one of them. What I see here are circulated, hard working early date wheat cents. Once a coin has seen this much circulation it becomes near impossible to tell if something that appears out of hand is caused by rough and tumble life a coin this old is exposed to or not.

4. Jimm

Jimm Active Member

Makes sense my friend. Switching to quarters I seem to have run into a bunch of errors. Again I'm no expert but learning fm u pep gets me closer. I do have to say it's soooo much work, but fun. OK here are 3 1965 quarters. There are something wrong with these. Im guessing DD. The trw in ..in God we trust, liberty and the bottom of neck and check out the nose by the eye. I didn't check out the reverse that good. I'll be posting more quarters aft I look at em. Thanks all

Attached Files:

5. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Those just look like well circulated coins. If you look at more coins that are much closer to mint state and even visit some coin shops that have mint sets you will get a better idea of what you are looking for. Doubled Dies are technically graded there condition is only one of the attributes looked for.
    Most attributes, die markers and detail is lost at an XF level depending on the class of DDO or DDR.
    If you don't know what I mean by class?
    Wexler defines them pretty well.
    https://doubleddie.com/228401.html
    Above is home page.
    Happy collecting it is fun.

6. Jimm

Jimm Active Member

Thanks for the site. Gaining more knowledge as I learn from the pros. Now this 1998 quarter looks like a DD. Can I be right?

Attached Files:

7. Jimm

Jimm Active Member

8. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

image.jpg Found a gold plated SBA in my dads collection. It came from Littleton coin co. Just thought @Jimm might like to see one to compare his too. Mine is still in wrapper.

9. Jimm

Jimm Active Member

Yo bear thanks for pic. As I look at mine I see places where the plating is wearing off and it's circulation I bet. Worth what? 2bucks

10. 2x2 $averKrazy

2x2 $averKrazy Hopelessly coined in

with all the scratch's I'd say damage on the 8 ,the SBA is plated!

11. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

12. Jimm

Jimm Active Member

Morning all. Someone told me to get off the pennies so I was looking at the quarters I have and came up with these. The 1998 looks like a DD, no? And a few letters in....in God we trust? The reverse doesn't look like any errors. Any thoughts on this? Also on the 1970s quarter, obverse the in God we trust looks like some letters are DD. As for the reverse why are the letters look like their smashed. Is this from circulation?

Attached Files:

13. Pickin and Grinin

Jimm I left a link for you to double die .com did you read the areas on True die doubling Doubled Dies, and also the area about worthless doubling?

Let's put it this way, 99.9% of the coins you find will be worthless doubling.

But knowing what is and what isn't is why we use the information written by the experts. Some study and you will learn to identify the difference.

14. Jimm

Jimm Active Member

Didn't see the link my friend till now. Thanks again. I'd hate to be wasting my time looking for DD when I don't know what to look for. Tanks again

15. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Finding a true doubled die coin is a tough road. They are out there but most are so minor that there is little value. If you have fun doing it, go for it.

16. Dillan

Dillan The sky is the limit !

There was a set come out by some company that had gold plated 3 coins and 1 of the coins was the SBA , the other 2 were a Journey nickel and a dime I believe . Those came in a little blue box and were sold as a novelty item .

17. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Hey @Jimm usually when you switch coins it is a good idea to make a new post. Welcome to CT

18. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Make separate posts for items to get a better response. Your heading is for a SBA then you jump to pennies and then quarters. Not a great way to get feed back, IMO.

thomas mozzillo likes this.
  19. Jimm

Jimm Active Member

Ohhhhh my bad. Sorry

20. Pickin and Grinin

There is no need to be sorry, unless a member replies or clicks watch thread then they aren't notified when you post. If you start a new thread it is in the view of all the members. Each of us study different areas of numismatics so starting a new thread is benefiting you and each of us depending on the question or who helps answer.
    Welcome to CT.

thomas mozzillo likes this.
  21. Jimm

Jimm Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted