Going prices for 2017 Lincoln cents (boxes)

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Johndoe2000$, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what the current (FMV) price is for a full box ($25) of the P cents is??? Also, where to find??? I've seen some on EBAY for $58 +shipping, and up. @tommyc03, have you the answers ???
    Also... how to know if an unopened box is actually all 2017P???
    Thanks.
    John.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. 16d

16d Member

I cant imagine why they still command a price like this.

Months ago, I offered them @ face, on another forum.

I'm talking rolls & boxes.

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  4. Johndoe2000$

Any ideas where to find them now, for a fair price??? (boxes) I actually forgot about these until brought up in my CC. I'm only looking for a couple.

5. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

I too live on the West coast (CA) and hardly ever see a "P" coin in circulation. Banks will not make special orders, so we have a problem getting the "P" coins un-circulated. If someone wants to make a deal on a box of "P" cents, speak up.

6. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I could send you a couple of sealed rolls if this will hold you over until you find a whole box. P.M. me. And yes, they are still going for around $50.00 a box or so but it is way cheaper than buying from dealers a few rolls at a time as they generally go for $5.00-$6.00 a roll in smaller quantities.

7. Johndoe2000$

Thanks for the offer, but I want to put up a full unopened box. The seller is offering unopened boxes, so I asked if he would be willing to sell two boxes for $100.
    I don't know how to tell if they are all 2017P though. Is there a way to tell for sure???
    The seller has sold plenty of them, and has 100% feedback, but I hate buying something that I'm not sure about.

8. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

If he has sold plenty and his feedback is good, I would not worry too much at all. He likely has a good source he is confident in.

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  9. Chewmassa

Chewmassa Now where could my pipe be?

Have them open the boxes and send a picture :p

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted